Downloads
    Uploads

CMMG 2 Stage Non-Adjustable Trigger

As many have you may know CMMG is coming out with a non-adjustable 2 stage trigger. I had a chance to play with the prototype and I was very impressed with how it felt in my hand. Much improvement over RRA or LMT variants as no break in times are needed. If many of you use RRA & LMT, you know it takes 500-1000 rounds before it starts feeling really nice. CMMG felt great but it's hard to tell as it was a prototype. Retail will be $125 so it should be a great option for people looking for high quality non-adjustable match trigger. I was told the trigger should be ready in 1-2 months but release dates are always hard to tell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's good news for those of us that appreciate a good trigger, but won't use adjustable trigger groups for LE/mil/defensive/etc applications.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any word on the weight of the trigger pull?

TIA,

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought it was about 4lbs but I'll clarify the info.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, John. I might be interested in one, buy no means certain as too many things are going on now, but I do have a gun that I could use that on.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    It will be interesting to see how it stacks up against Geisseles new drop in 2 stage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I spoke with Amy at Geissele today and she said that the non-adjustable 2 stage will be around 6-8 weeks. ADCO is getting the first 100-200? triggers because of his early partnership with Geissele. Everybody else should get them after that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any idea of the pull weight on the new Geissele? Im kind of on the wire if I would trust the CMMG trigger for a carry gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm guessing the new CMMG trigger that's being talking about here:

I like the bushing idea as well as the take up and over travel screws. The pull is supposed to be around 4.5lbs and cost around $120. (via ARF.)

With that price, they seem to be going after RRA's 2-Stage Match trigger. It will be nice to see more affordable options available.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm game for one at that price.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIHAN View Post
    Any idea of the pull weight on the new Geissele? Im kind of on the wire if I would trust the CMMG trigger for a carry gun.
    Without having both out in the market for some time, it will be hard to tell if any trigger will be trusted for a carry gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hwang View Post
    Without having both out in the market for some time, it will be hard to tell if any trigger will be trusted for a carry gun.

Very True!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Long term durability seems overlooked by most people when looking for a 2 stage.

Hopefully the CMMG trigger is setup well, and durability won't be a problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When does the new GA non adjustable 2stage come out? Is there a price yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Again, a question from the noobie here...Why 2 stage when I thought 1 stage is what you would want for sporting/hunting? The LMT piston I believe comes with a single stage trigger. Is it (single stage) more durable? I guess I will have to go to the local gunshop and see if I can tell the difference. If I can, should I go ahead and get the LMT 2 stage. Does it have to be adjusted by a gunsmith?

I like a good crisp 3.5 pound trigger...no over travel and no creep...just clean break if you know what I mean.

Thanks for any help. I keep getting more confused everyday reading and searching.

Kelly