Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

LMT Piston Weapon System

We didn't get a chance to take pictures but we wanted to share some information with you.

The Piston system is based on the CQB MRP so if you know what one of those looks like, then you can easily picture what the piston MRP is going to look like. The piston MRP is carbine length and at this time no other lengths are planned or in the works. If you currently have a CQB MRP, there is a drop in conversion kit available as well. Like a barrel change on the current MRP system, you can swap out the piston system in a similar way. To have a complete MRP Piston System with Backup sights & all for under $2000, we have a winner!

Prices:

Complete Piston Weapon System: $1995 & $1895 LEO/MIL
    CQB Defender Piston - 16" CL Barrel & BCG
    SOPMOD Buttstock & Standard Trigger
    30 Round Mag, Sling, Manual, Front & Rear Sight, Rail Panels & Torque Wrench

Upper Only: $1440.95 & $1369.35 LEO/MIL

Upgrade Kits: $672.80

Barrel w/Piston system & BCG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those prices are going to cause a lot of problems for guys trying to get into the piston game, as well as for some of those that already are.

I had really figured that LMT would bump up the price, but it looks like they are coming into the piston market a little late, but with a very strong offering.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any word on when they are going to be available? I didnt make it to SHOT, I had my tickets but the back wasnt going to let me do the long walks.
    I know its carbine only but will it take their carbine stainless barrel as well?

Downloads
    Uploads
    LMT just got back to me, for what you get with the LMT piston uppers and complete weapons they are going to be almost unbeatable.
    It comes on the CQB MRP platform and the complete weapon is complete with both fron and rear sights.
    It was a toss up between the SCAR and MASADA and now the LMT piston is in my decision making process for my next personal toy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm...

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is GREAT news.

I was expecting at least $1600 for a complete piston upper.

A superior design that costs the same (or less) than the competition? My only question: where do I sign?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man, oh man!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just noticed the complete rifle comes with the SOPMOD stock. Actually a very good deal.

Some other guys in the SSGPS AR game are selling complete rifles for $2000 with CTRs. The CTR is a cool looking stock and all, but its not in the same class as the SOPMOD

Plus you get a quick change barrel and a monolithic rail system.

I'm going to be getting a piston MRP upper for sure, but if you think about it the complete rifle is a very good buy.

I have a DI VIS upper and it is pretty damn cool. Sold me on the concept of a monolith. I've only handled the LMT DI MRP, but I liked it a lot. Excited for this new system.
    Last edited by parabellum; 7 February 2008 at 17:13.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the ticket I have been waiing for to acquire an MRP.
    Put this on the list of goodies to acquire ...
    Death Is Certain,
    Life Is Not

Downloads
    Uploads
    How do we know that it's superior?

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess we don't KNOW. I should have worded it differently. Maybe "superior" wasn't a subjective enough term. I do like LMT's design tho. To me, it makes a lot of sense.

Sorry, I'll try to curb my enthusiasm for the new MRP, but its going to be difficult.
    Last edited by parabellum; 7 February 2008 at 18:18.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by parabellum View Post
    I guess we don't KNOW. I should have worded it differently. Maybe "superior" wasn't a subjective enough term. I do like LMT's design tho. To me, it makes a lot of sense.

Sorry, I'll try to curb my enthusiasm for the new MRP, but its going to be difficult.

Sorry, I didn't mean to seem belligerent.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't know if it's going to be superior but chances are they will be. We know LMT stuff works and works well. I can't imagine LMT releasing a piston system that is sub-par.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerStripe View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to seem belligerent.

TS

I don't think its a belligerent comment at all. Like John commented, at a certain point we need to look at the overall value of the product the company puts out. In my mind, LMT is like the Toyota of the firearm world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LMT has a good track record and I'm sure they're going to be a solid player in the piston market. The consumer is going to have more and more choices.