Downloads
    Uploads

ModGear Tactical Chest Rig

Has anyone used the ModGear Chest rig from Cheaper Than Dirt? It holds 6 30 round mags, has padded shoulder straps, MOLLE strapping on the back, and holds a water bladder. It''s only $40.00

I was going to buy an Eagle or ESStac, but the Mod Gear one is much less and I am curious about the quality.

I do agree you get what you pay for, so I would rather spend the duckets and get something that will last a lifetime rather than go cheap and junk the thing in a year or so.

SO if anyone has one, what is the stitching like and the material quality? ThANKS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Much of their "ModGear" line is the same stuff that is branded "Condor" at numerous other places. I've found it to be good enough to start out with, but probably needing to be replaced with higher quality stuff as it fails down the road.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thinner nylon, stitching isn't as well done. It's good enough for use one week a year, but I've seen airsofters wear out CTD stuff. If the better stuff is possible, then absolutely get the better stuff - Eagle stuff will worth something a decade from now.

[ETA] You're on the right track - TT, Eagle (SKD's limited Eagle stuff), ATS, OSOE, BFG, and USGG would be my short list of looking for a chest rig.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 13 November 2010 at 12:42.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, I will stay away from it. I will be using my gear for field use. I have traditionally used Richard Cowell, but since he moved to Idaho, I am going to go with Tactical Tailor and/or grab some gear from SKD. Thanks for the input!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    Ok, I will stay away from it. I will be using my gear for field use. I have traditionally used Richard Cowell, but since he moved to Idaho, I am going to go with Tactical Tailor and/or grab some gear from SKD. Thanks for the input!
    Both are solid companies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard nothing but good about TT. I've got a Mini-MAV and the quality is impressive to say the least, and my buddie's PLT is running a lot of their gear in A-stan right now (His PLT SGT literally lives down the street from them) and I have yet to hear a complaint about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    TT and SKD are great companies. I was going to order a PIG plate carrier today but they are currently out of stock maybe next week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a lot of Tac Tailor gear and have NEVER had a problem with it. Very well built stuff.
    I also use Original SOE Gear and HSGI. Same experience with them. It may cost more, but you will never have to worry about corners wearing through, stitching coming unravelled, or any other problem.