I recently purchased a new BCM 14.5" upper with a pinned A2x FH. I shot it for the first time about two weeks ago and was very dissapointed with it's performance.

I started off at the 50yd range to sight it in and it would barely stay on the paper. No matter what I did I could not get the thing to group. I emailed BCM and they sent me a call tag to send it back in.

About a week later I got a email from them saying that they were swapping out the barrel. They did not say what they found wrong with the barrel or why they decided to change it.

Since then I have read on other sites of about four different people with similar problems with their BCM 14.5" middies. It makes me wonder if they got a bad batch of barrels from a supplier. The thing is though I thought they had a top of the line QC process so that makes me wonder how they let these barrels slip out the door.

I have also been reading that their uppers fit a lot looser onto the lower than most others. I know that some play is normal and even desireable but these have been far looser than the norm.

I wonder if they are suffering from growing pains and their QC is slipping. It does seem to be a pattern I have been seeing.