Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    Specialized Armament MAnufacturer,,,to answer your questions,,,,,

The guys are Sheriff Deputies assigned to our Narcotics and Special Enforcement Team. They claim the piston rifle is a faster shooting rifle. After shooting the same number of rounds I shot with my COLT (400) we pulled the BCG's. The Piston BCG assembly did not have any carbon deposits and was just a wipe with a rag to clean it. The Gas Piston system appears to be a superior system over the Gas Impingement system. Gas Piston rifles have been here for decades and I do not understand why they were not introduced to the M4's a long time ago.

Don't get me wrong, I totally dig my GI/M4 rifles. I have 4 of them and they have not failed me. The only thing I don't like it the carbon build up and difficulty in cleaning.

Another Fact about the Gas Piston M4 is that many U.S. Army Special Operations soldiers use the H&K 416 gas piston M4 because they say it is more reliable a gun in the envirnment they fight in. They would know best!
    What they claim is irrelevant. What they can prove should be the basis of their claims. Your use of the word "appears" is also problematic as it is anecdotal in nature.

400 rounds is statistical sample of zero. Let's talk when you hit 10K.
    Specialized Armament
    (480) 940-7397
    sales@specializedarmament.com
    Quality Never Quits!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialized Armament View Post
    What they claim is irrelevant. What they can prove should be the basis of their claims. Your use of the word "appears" is also problematic as it is anecdotal in nature.

400 rounds is statistical sample of zero. Let's talk when you hit 10K.
    He was comparing the amount of carbon deposited after 400 rounds. My LMT Piston after 1000 rounds looks like my DI after about 50 rounds. It has over 10k already with no problems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Regarding the LWRC AR's, they make great guns. Yes, they had growing pains, but that is behind them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I too have had a LWRC for 2 years now w/o any problems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
    I too have had a LWRC for 2 years now w/o any problems.
    Length of ownership is pretty irrelevant. I know a guy that has a porsche in a garage for 25 years with less than 100 miles on it. He has no idea how it drives and couldn't tell you the first thing about how reliable it is.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Length of ownership is pretty irrelevant. I know a guy that has a porsche in a garage for 25 years with less than 100 miles on it. He has no idea how it drives and couldn't tell you the first thing about how reliable it is.
    Very true. Though I may not put a grand through it every weekend I have and regularly get the barrel to put off that beautiful white haze.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I currently have three DI's and one LWRC. The LWRC M6A3 is the only factory build in the safe. I like them all. However, I like the LWRC enough that my Form-4 went pending September 30th for another M6A3, this one is an SBR (10.5" also in 6.8). I have found the LWRC to be reliable - zero malf's thus far - and shoots sub point fours with Hornady 110 JHP Match.

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    For owners of an LWRC, are the gas keys staked? At a recent 4 hour carbine class (~300 round count) there was a rifle that was completely inoperable because the key came off the carrier. The owner said it wasn't staked from the factory but I did not get a good look at it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    For owners of an LWRC, are the gas keys staked? At a recent 4 hour carbine class (~300 round count) there was a rifle that was completely inoperable because the key came off the carrier. The owner said it wasn't staked from the factory but I did not get a good look at it.
    How old was the LWRC? They haven't used a gas key in years. LWRC and most piston AR's now use a 1-piece carrier, which eliminates the gas key. PWS is the only current company that uses a 2-piece carrier because the rod is attached to the carrier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will try to get in contact with the owner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love the Gas Piston Operating system in P.O.F. P415 18" MRR. I never have to clean it and I get nothing but positive comments at the range. POF is truly operating in a class of their own. I have shot rifles that would be considered POF's competitors and the POF (not just because I own one) has always been the top performer, most aesthetically innovative and unique, and flawless in its accuracy. I think the LWRC rifles are over priced, and lack any features that make it stand out among other AR's. The POF runs amazingly smoother, faster, and with less recoil than my standard AR15 Gas Impingement system in my Vltor MUR Upper. I went from a C3 Defense Billet upper/lower to a Vltor MUR upper/ POF Lower because I feel those two companies are at the top of the list for AR15 components and weapon systems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by chrish03 View Post
    I love the Gas Piston Operating system in P.O.F. P415 18" MRR. I never have to clean it and I get nothing but positive comments at the range. POF is truly operating in a class of their own. I have shot rifles that would be considered POF's competitors and the POF (not just because I own one) has always been the top performer, most aesthetically innovative and unique, and flawless in its accuracy. I think the LWRC rifles are over priced, and lack any features that make it stand out among other AR's. The POF runs amazingly smoother, faster, and with less recoil than my standard AR15 Gas Impingement system in my Vltor MUR Upper. I went from a C3 Defense Billet upper/lower to a Vltor MUR upper/ POF Lower because I feel those two companies are at the top of the list for AR15 components and weapon systems.
    POF has some of the most accurate off the shelf rifles, period. The Mike Rock barrels are some of he best. I just wish they used a differet rail that didn't raise the optics by 1/2".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to hear. My form 4 just came back on my 11.5'' P415. Cant wait to put some rounds down range! Im still on the fence about piston systems. On paper they seem to be superior but now that I own will I guess Ill find out for myself.