Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpul XTM's?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
    Compared to an XT panel how close do the new XTMs lay to the rail?

I like the texture of the XT panels but I prefer the low profile of ladders. How do these new XTMs feel when mounted?

I think the largest difference between XTMs and ladder covers when you compare the feel is that the ladders allow your hand to continue feeling the flat surface of the rail. The XTM is pretty thin, but still rounds out the rail, which changes the feel even though its not adding all that much to it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just an update. I received one set of panels in FDE. Both green's and black are on backorder as of 6/20.

They add 5mm's to the thickness of the rail as opposed to 3mm with the ladders.

** edit: Black arrived a day later. Still waiting on Forest and OD green
    Last edited by jeffy; 27 June 2008 at 16:34.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to give them a tryout on my rifle length rail ... in combination with some ladders for effect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not that it matters but I will be asked. Do these mar the finish on the rails?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIHAN View Post
    Not that it matters but I will be asked. Do these mar the finish on the rails?
    The panels are a composite polymer. They aren't soft like ladders but they aren't that hard either. They're almost the same as the MIAD and CTR. Since they are a two-piece design, there is minimal sliding when installing and removing them as well. A lot less then with the ladders since they don't have to stretch over the rail. I think it's a non-issue anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIHAN View Post
    Do these mar the finish on the rails?

No, they do not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any eta on the rest of the colors?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I'm still waiting on both Forrest and OD green. Typically, I'll see the charge the same day it's delivered.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post

What colors aren't out yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What colors aren't out yet?
    Well, even though they have all of the colors available doesn't mean they are shipping. My order is still outstanding since 6/20.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't seen any colors other than black advertised outside Magpuls' own site. Until they show up outside Magpul I figure they're not available even from Magpul.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is my opinion based on observation regarding ordering through Magpul's website. I think they try to get newer stuff, especially the tacticool colors, to their dealers and distributors. They've grown tremendously and they probably have less time to spend on small individual orders. Again, just my opinion.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerStripe View Post
    This is my opinion based on observation regarding ordering through Magpul's website. I think they try to get newer stuff, especially the tacticool colors, to their dealers and distributors. They've grown tremendously and they probably have less time to spend on small individual orders. Again, just my opinion.

TS
    I have only seen Black and FDE on any number of other sites. The only way I knew they had the greens available was that someone else on another forum said he ordered directly. Then I watched their site. I did email them but got no response. I'm sure they're bust fulfilling orders and trying to launch the other products that are in their '08 catalog. Although I do understand that they are fulfilling MIL orders first. As such, I'm not in a hurry and if someone needs them more then I do, then I'll just wait my turn. I was just giving others an idea of what they will be in for when ordering all 4 colors.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
    I have only seen Black and FDE on any number of other sites. The only way I knew they had the greens available was that someone else on another forum said he ordered directly. Then I watched their site. I did email them but got no response. I'm sure they're bust fulfilling orders and trying to launch the other products that are in their '08 catalog. Although I do understand that they are fulfilling MIL orders first. As such, I'm not in a hurry and if someone needs them more then I do, then I'll just wait my turn. I was just giving others an idea of what they will be in for when ordering all 4 colors.
    I haven't attempted to order any because I know there will be the initial rush. Honestly, I have even searched for them on sites other than Magpul's own site. They have only listed black for a few items such as the PM 20's even though I have some in FDE to T&E.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerStripe View Post
    I haven't attempted to order any because I know there will be the initial rush. Honestly, I have even searched for them on sites other than Magpul's own site. They have only listed black for a few items such as the PM 20's even though I have some in FDE to T&E.

TS
    Yeah, Magpul seems a bit slow on some items when updating their website. They're probably busy trying to increase mfg for the UBR and get the MOE lineup out the door. They have a full plate for what seems like a small company.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised they shipped the panels individually instead of waiting till the whole order was in.