Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magpul XTM's?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
    Yeah, Magpul seems a bit slow on some items when updating their website. They're probably busy trying to increase mfg for the UBR and get the MOE lineup out the door. They have a full plate for what seems like a small company.
    Yeah, they have a lot of projects going on simultaneously.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised they shipped the panels individually instead of waiting till the whole order was in.
    Demand and complaints...

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, here's an update. After 2 months + 5 days, I received the rest of my order. Interesting thing though. The first set of panels were square while the last two had beveled corners. Other then that I see no differences.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Correction, after really looking closely at the panels, they are very different. From the outward appearance, they look similar to the originals but flip then over and there are changes all over the place. The molds are all new. They have shaved off extra material here and there. The seams are in different locations. Here are some pics of the originals I got 2 months ago and the ones I just received.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, they made a different mold. I'm sure some of it was to make small changes but they made one that allowed them to be produced faster. Nice pic!

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I need a bit more practice but I'm slowly getting the macro down. I'm used to shooting larger subjects.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Globemaster View Post
    I'm going to give them a tryout on my rifle length rail ... in combination with some ladders for effect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just removed my Magpul XT for the XTM and it's pretty good. Plus I like the look of mixing matching the colors like in one of Stickman's photographs.

Haven't had a chance to photograph it yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to go too far off-topic, but I was clearing out old RSS entries (Stick: hint, hint), and came across MM's original heads-up on the TD SCAR panels.

While I do like the modularity of the XTMs, as far as panels go, I have to admit that the SCAR offerings appeal to me in ways that the original TD's never did. The XTMs would seem to offer more outright versatility, to be sure, but I'm less certain which way I might turn in a head-to-head XT versus TD SCAR panel debate.

Then again, I always sort of had a soft spot for the original KAC panels, so my credibility may be suspect. :)

AC