Quote Originally Posted by paulosantos View Post
I shoot EVERYTHING with both eyes open and it is ANNOYING AS HELL for me to have a FSB in my field of fiew.
This is similar to my experience when I was using an EOTech with CCH BUIS and standard FSB. No matter how hard I concentrated, I could not get rid of the image of the iron sights while focusing on the target. I believe the combination of EOTech reticle, fixed BUIS and FSB and absolute co-witness, was simply too much in the FOV for me to try and sort through and process optically.

I eliminated the CCH BUIS and went with a MATECH BUIS, which helped some, but not enough. The EOTech with its absolute co-witness and reticle design in combination with the FSB still was a distracter.

The EOTech was sold and replaced with an Aimpoint mounted in a PRI mount. This combination of folding rear BUIS and single 4MOA dot mounted in a lower 1/3rd co-witness is much more agreeable with me. The FSB with this set-up is no longer an issue for me.

I believe not every optic set-up can work the same for each shooter, and some shooters, regardless of time accumulated behind those optic set-ups, will still have issues.