Downloads
    Uploads

Just ordered N4 shorty low-pro.....

I finally ordered a new Noveske N4 low-pro on Friday. Since it is an SBR, I will have to get the stamp before I get it, as you all know.

Can some of you chime in and tell me your experiences, as far as time that it will take for ATF to get my stamp back?

I have heard anywhere from 2 and 4 months..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, 2-4 months. According to NFATracker.com, average time for a Form 4 Individual from "forms sent" to stamp-in-hand is 105 days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Plan on 4mo. Start stockpiling ammunition, you'll really want to burn through it.l
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info.. I think they sent me the forms on Saturday, so I should get them this week. Hopefully I can stop by the Sheriff's Office between court this week and get him to sign off. From my interpretation of the form, it requires the "Chief Law Enforcement" person to sign off in your area. Since I live in the county, that would be the Sheriff, even though I am a police officer, with a seperate Chief of Police.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone know some cheap places to grab .223 ammo?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper2269 View Post
    Anyone know some cheap places to grab .223 ammo?
    gun-deals.com
    ammoengine.com
    luckygunner.com
    aimsurplus.com

and the usual suspects; CTD and Midway.

Downloads
    Uploads
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Palmetto State Armory has worked out great for me. PMC Bronze for $294.50 per 1000, plus $12 shipping.

Or, Federal American Eagle for $269.99 per 900 rounds preloaded on 10 round stripper clips, ready for your StripLULA. $12 shipping.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper2269 View Post
    Thanks for the info.. I think they sent me the forms on Saturday, so I should get them this week. Hopefully I can stop by the Sheriff's Office between court this week and get him to sign off. From my interpretation of the form, it requires the "Chief Law Enforcement" person to sign off in your area. Since I live in the county, that would be the Sheriff, even though I am a police officer, with a seperate Chief of Police.
    Form 4 is available from ATF as an editable PDF. You can download the form at http://atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-4.pdf , fill in the blanks on your computer, print it out (make sure you print it front and back, not on two sheets of paper). The fingerprint card (you need two) is just a standard FBI card your agency probably uses (FD-258), except you need to fill in the NFA Branch's ORI number. That is:

WVATF0800
    ATF-NFA BRANCH
    MARTINSBURG, WV

I think you also need to send in a Certificate of Compliance (download at http://atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-20.pdf ). You only need to send one of those, not two.

Don't forget you'll need a couple of 2x2 passport photos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Form 4 is available from ATF as an editable PDF. You can download the form at http://atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-4.pdf , fill in the blanks on your computer, print it out (make sure you print it front and back, not on two sheets of paper). The fingerprint card (you need two) is just a standard FBI card your agency probably uses (FD-258), except you need to fill in the NFA Branch's ORI number. That is:

WVATF0800
    ATF-NFA BRANCH
    MARTINSBURG, WV

I think you also need to send in a Certificate of Compliance (download at http://atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-20.pdf ). You only need to send one of those, not two.

Don't forget you'll need a couple of 2x2 passport photos.
    That ORI info is good stuff. When I called the ATF regarding the standard cards, they told me to just leave it open and they'd take care of it. Didn't hold my stamp up, but I'd rather have had the number in it.

Saved that, thanks...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSec View Post
    That ORI info is good stuff. When I called the ATF regarding the standard cards, they told me to just leave it open and they'd take care of it. Didn't hold my stamp up, but I'd rather have had the number in it.

Saved that, thanks...
    I just stopped by the county jail and had one of the jailers print me. They'll enter the ORI number so it gets printed on the form. Now it's stored on their system (don't know if that's a bad thing or a good thing) so when I need another NFA application, I can just have them print up another set and I can swing by and pick it up.

I've found the NFA Branch examiners to be nice people and very helpful. The last guy I had (Dana Pickles) went out of his way to fix problems on my Form 1 and make sure it didn't get held up.