Thread: Price help

Downloads
    Uploads

Price help

I built my first AR last year and spent a lot of time researching and buying as good as parts I could afford. If I were to sell it today, what price would you put on it.

Mega upper and charging handle, JP supermatch 18" barrel and ajustable gas block, AAC Brakeout, Spike's Lower, Magupul CTR stock, Geissel SSA trigger, Armalite lower parts kit, Spike's Nickel Boron carrier and bolt, VTac handguard, Magpul sling, Leupold Mark AR scope, Spike's st-t2 buffer.
    People want to know if I wil sell it and I would not be thinking of selling it but in the last two months my wife and I have incurred about $7,000 in dental bills.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Invisible; 19 January 2011 at 10:11.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How many rounds through it? I would make a list with everything on it and see how much you paid for everything. Then take it from there. Maybe start with 90% of what you paid for it and see if anyone wants it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Less than 500 rounds .

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's not bad. Do you know what yoh paid for everything?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I can figure that out but I was thinking that when companies sell rifles they just dont sell them for what they purchased the parts for. I ws wondering if this is the only way to do it with my AR or some other way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately you're not likely to run across a buyer who wants exactly all those parts that you selected. If you don't get your expected price you may have to part out the rifle to get more, unfortunately that takes time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that I wouldn't pay full price for the parts that someone unknown to me assembled. If I was the buyer I don't know you, your skills, or your quality control in assembly. I would be looking to purchase for far below what I could assemble the same group of parts for. Every gun for sale only has 500rds through it. ;-)
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - - Albert Einstein

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    Yes I can figure that out but I was thinking that when companies sell rifles they just dont sell them for what they purchased the parts for. I ws wondering if this is the only way to do it with my AR or some other way.
    You may also want to compare the price of similar built ARs. Go to the JP Rifle website and see what you van compare them to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The upper was put together professionally, and I have only shot it two or three times. I know you guys dont know me and I am not trying to sell it to you. Thank you for the help. Was just looking to see if someone would put a number out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd ask for $1750 with the scope and about $1500 without the scope.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for help.