Downloads
    Uploads

Spike's Tactical Carbine Case

I like the looks of the Spike's Tactical carbine case with the MOLLE inside and outside the case to add accessories. But, when I went to order it, the description stated that shipping was almost $45 because the bag weighed 30lbs. With the packaging the total weight for shipping would be 33lbs.

This seems a little heavy for a carbine case. Is anyone here familiar with this bag or can tell me if the bag is really that heavy?

If it is that heavy or they are just charging that much to ship it, I prob won't buy it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A little heavy? That's an understatement for sure. No way should that size padded rifle case weigh that much. 30 pounds? What did they do,line it with lead sheeting to confuse x-rays? $45.00 to ship is really way too much. I guess if you really wanted it,you could call there customer service and find out why.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spikes contact info.
    I'm sure its a computer glitch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a hold of their customer service. The shipping weight is preset to 30lbs. so there's no glitch. They do charge $45 to ship it "due to the size and shape of the case".

So. I've been looking at other cases.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You might want to check out the 20% off sale on 5.11 bags at LA Police Gear. They have their 36" Rifle Case on sale for $80.00 and free shipping. I've had the 42" Double Rifle Case for the last three years and it has held up very well. http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tact...-case-mp4.html
    Last edited by 3 AE; 2 February 2011 at 12:59.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Apologies for the repost. Push the right button. No,not that one!
    Last edited by 3 AE; 2 February 2011 at 18:51.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I sent Spikes customer service an email asking if the case was USA made.
    It is not.
    That alone will make me look elsewhere.
    Although the 5.11 VTAC cases are nice (I have checked them out at a local Atlantic Tactical store)
    they are not US made either.
    A quick search will show many US made options.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    You might want to check out the 20% off sale on 5.11 bags at LA Police Gear. They have their 36" Rifle Case on sale for $80.00 and free shipping. I've had the 42" Double Rifle Case for the last three years and it has held up very well. http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-tact...-case-mp4.html
    I've been using the 42" Double Rifle Case for the past couple years and really like it. Makes it easy to grab my 16" recon and the 20" varmint and go.