Thread: LWRCi

Downloads
    Uploads

LWRCi

Since I live and work in Maryland, I just had to visit the LWRCi booth to see what was new for 2011. What I found was a new 6.8 spc CQB rifle - the "M6A2 PSD 6.8" - that featured a prototype ambi lower receiver, a prototype CQB styled buttstock, and a prototype polymer 6.8 spc 30 round magazine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice.........Bites that the mag only works with that particular lower though (unless something changed....)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSec View Post
    Nice.........Bites that the mag only works with that particular lower though (unless something changed....)
    That's not what the LWRCi crew told me...the 6.8 magazine should work with any standard AR lower. The design has not yet been fully tested and is not in production, ie "prototype".

Downloads
    Uploads

LWRCi

How does the length of their stock compare to a CTR? It appears to use a proprietary (shorter) receiver extension, but if the stock foot is taller than most, it could be throwing off my perception.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by triplebravo View Post
    That's not what the LWRCi crew told me...the 6.8 magazine should work with any standard AR lower. The design has not yet been fully tested and is not in production, ie "prototype".
    That would be good news, the 6.8 crowd has the idea that it's proprietary.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I read, it sounds like you will need an LWRC lower for those mags.LWRC has a contract with the Jordanian Army for the 6.8, which is ashame that the 6.8 was created by US Soldiers and the Jordanian Army is reaping the benefits. But that is another story. So those rifles and mags are most likely what the Jordanina Army is using.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonSec View Post
    That would be good news, the 6.8 crowd has the idea that it's proprietary.....
    Yep...apparently I was misinformed. I’m sorry for posting incorrect information. The lower’s magazine well was widened to accommodate this new magazine. I’ll try to get more accurate details on Monday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Samf View Post
    How does the length of their stock compare to a CTR? It appears to use a proprietary (shorter) receiver extension, but if the stock foot is taller than most, it could be throwing off my perception.
    Yes...it's my understanding that it uses a shorter receiver extension and a shorter buffer -- the same one that is used on their "Ultra Compact Individual Weapon".

Downloads
    Uploads

LWRCi

Yes...it's my understanding that it uses a shorter receiver extension and a shorter buffer -- the same one that is used on their "Ultra Compact Individual Weapon".
    What's a word that means 'two steps past infatuated'? That's about where I'm at.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, wow. I was hoping for more pics of the SPR Mod-0, but that little sucker looks good! I'd give a nut for the billet upper/lower to have been included on the SPR, but I'll settle for the Patriot Brown!

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is the little hook looking peace mounted on the front of the lower rail ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    When can we expect to see it for sale?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Samf View Post
    When can we expect to see it for sale?
    Dunno....I didn't get a solid answer when I asked this at SHOT. Since both the stock and the magazine were rough prototypes, I imagine it'll still be a few months out...but that's just a guess.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by stewy1187 View Post
    What is the little hook looking peace mounted on the front of the lower rail ?
    Best guess is a hand-stop.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"