Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Noveske FFL (Flared Forged Lower)

While not an official SHOT Show release, I met up with John and Sherri and was able to get a sneak look at their soon to be released Noveske FFL (Flared Forged Lower).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like it. Interesting departure from the TDP. I don't suppose it will be available as a matched upper/lower anytime soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    so sexy, hope it comes out soon!

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is nice. Might have to sell off a lower to fund that one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like it! I'd like it even more if it had an ambi bolt release, and was still more affordable than the current billet offerings. Still, the giant magwell is a desirable feature giving it an edge in function over a standard lower, assuming it is priced reasonably I think it'll be popular. Good work Noveske.
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglyduck View Post
    I like it! I'd like it even more if it had an ambi bolt release, and was still more affordable than the current billet offerings. Still, the giant magwell is a desirable feature giving it an edge in function over a standard lower, assuming it is priced reasonably I think it'll be popular. Good work Noveske.

Reasonable is a relative term. If you think about the cost of getting your own custom forging made, its anything but cheap. That is one reason why you see billet lower prices all over the map, because you are looking at a piece of metal, and machine time. There is no need to buy forgings, never mind having a forging custom made. I can remember seeing billet lowers as cheap as $75, and while that was killing its own market, it gives you an idea of how cheaply a billet can be made.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Available first on our NST rifle, next month. (Noveske Shooting Team)

Then on the rest of our rifles in March.

Lowers when production gets rolling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Reasonable is a relative term. If you think about the cost of getting your own custom forging made, its anything but cheap. That is one reason why you see billet lower prices all over the map, because you are looking at a piece of metal, and machine time. There is no need to buy forgings, never mind having a forging custom made. I can remember seeing billet lowers as cheap as $75, and while that was killing its own market, it gives you an idea of how cheaply a billet can be made.
    Agreed, I meant this lower's cost being reasonable compared to other forged lowers. Personally, $175 or less is what I'm hoping for.

I assumed that manufacturing an ambi forged lower would be less expensive than a billet based on their prices compared to one another. Considering what you just wrote, it makes sense that there aren't many out there and that should've clued me in. Thanks for the enlightenment Stick. Maybe a rephrase of "I would like to see ambi lower prices come close to the price of a standard lower and eventually become the standard" is more appropriate. Until then, the B.A.D. is a great alternative.

Ambi or not, I really like this new receiver and hope to handle one soon and determine first hand if the magwell is enough of an improvement to pay for.

Is Novekse planning on making it standard in leu of their current lowers?
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    My understanding is that this is an optional piece, not standard. I'll also point out that I think the ambi-lowers on the market are the straight forward forgings that are already used by everyone. They just involve an extra cut or three with the CNC to give them their ambi features.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks good enough to forgo the RediMod on at least one of my rifles...
    The trigger guard area lightening cut really shows the attention to detail you guys are known for, can't wait to see final versions.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going to build a bad a** 10/22 but now I might just build another AR GRRRRRRR

Downloads
    Uploads
    FYI,
    This will become the standard lower for just about all their rifles not including the basic line. The price aren't set in stone but it looks like they will be at $245.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hwang View Post
    FYI,
    This will become the standard lower for just about all their rifles not including the basic line. The price aren't set in stone but it looks like they will be at $245.
    John, much as I'd love to build my next rifle with this FFL lower, my time frame is such that I'd settle for an H series matched upper/lower. I hope you get some back in stock soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great product. Suddenly, it becomes very easy to part with one's MPLA ...

Might as well sell it off while people are still eager to pay far more than they should.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    any word on this?