Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered the Magpul ACS stock and a B.A.D. A.S.S. from Rainier today. The selector is coming with 1 standard, 1 short and 1 thin lever. We'll see which one works best for me on the trigger finger side. The standard lever hits my hand when I try to take it off of safe now so I'm hoping this solves that issue.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Ben Franklin

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently installed the BAD ASS ST and went with the short on my trigger finger side and the thin on the opposing side. Works very well for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodman24 View Post
    I recently installed the BAD ASS ST and went with the short on my trigger finger side and the thin on the opposing side. Works very well for me.
    I'll have to try that as well. I'm looking forward to playing around with it. That is half the fun, isn't it?
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Ben Franklin

Downloads
    Uploads
    I received my stock and the BADASS ambi lever from Rainer Arms today. Pretty sweet considering that I ordered it on Friday and they have a very low flat shipping fee!

Here are some updated pics:

I'm really happy with the way this is turning out. Now I just need optics and the upper. That's about 6 weeks away. Patience is not one of my strengths.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Real nice lower. I also like the ambi selector. Just wondering if it gets in the way of your trigger finger. I myself am about to build my lower in a couple of hours. (still at the shop waiting to get picked up). Its a spikes with a RRA parts kit with magpul furniture.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppY_Kick3R View Post
    Real nice lower. I also like the ambi selector. Just wondering if it gets in the way of your trigger finger. I myself am about to build my lower in a couple of hours. (still at the shop waiting to get picked up). Its a spikes with a RRA parts kit with magpul furniture.
    The standard ambi-selector did hit my trigger finger but the this lever fixes that with the thin profile on the right hand side. It feels very comfortable to go hot and also to use the trigger finger to put it back on safe. I'm very impressed with the quality of the lever as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered my upper which arrived yesterday except it was the wrong upper. So I should have the correct upper tomorrow and will be sending the first one back. I picked up some Troy BUIS and this weekend I will be going out to sight it in.

I have read some posts on sighting in but I'm still fairly confused about it all. I'm looking for opinions on what I should do. I plan on putting a n Aimpoint on it soon as well. Should I just go with a 100 yard zero? Is there any reason why I should do something differently? This carbine will be used in some classes this summer and otherwise will be a self defense firearm. I will shoot cheap 55gr ammo a bit but I'm also looking to stockpile and run 62gr or 75gr depending on what the barrel likes best if that makes a difference.

Thoughts?

Also, once I have my upper I will past up some fresh pics. I do want to thank everyone on this forum for their fantastic advice and for making me feel like a student and not a moron.

You guys are the best!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver45 View Post
    Let me ask you guys this. Where does Spike's rate in all of this? They seem to be well liked and every thread I look at that relates to them seems to have happy customers. Are they up towards the top or are they still too new to know? I asked them for a quote an an upper and got a really good price back.

Thanks!
    They claim to meet all the usual specs. But guys i've talked to who've seen the certs say they are jookie looking at best. I personally don't see a reason to gamble on Spikes with BCM or DD as an option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    They claim to meet all the usual specs. But guys i've talked to who've seen the certs say they are jookie looking at best. I personally don't see a reason to gamble on Spikes with BCM or DD as an option.
    I ended up ordering a Noveske upper instead. Hopefully there isn't too much play between the upper and the Spike's lower. All of the parts went onto the lower without issue and seems to all have a good fit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully there isn't too much play between the upper and the Spike's lower.
    Don't sweat play between the upper and lower too much. It has nothing to do with reliability or accuracy. Some of the sloppiest fits I have seen are on the beloved Colt's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Don't sweat play between the upper and lower too much. It has nothing to do with reliability or accuracy. Some of the sloppiest fits I have seen are on the beloved Colt's.
    Thanks. I'm sure it will be fine. I'm just a very tactile oriented person and if it has too much slop it will bug me. Either way I should know within 24 hours.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I have some Hornady 55gr FMJ/BT to sight this rifle in with. My range has 50 and 100 yard targets. About where should I be hitting at 50 yards to sight in at 100? Any ideas? It will be a lot easier for me to get it close at 50 and then tweak it at 100.

TIA!

Downloads
    Uploads
    She just showed up.Function check is positive and there is no play between the receivers. Once I get a chance to take some better pics I will post them!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Beautiful!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceCriminal View Post
    Beautiful!
    Thank you! I get to sight in the irons on Saturday and I'm hoping to have an Aimpoint on it within 4 weeks.