Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Boogieman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIHAN View Post
    They will be avail in Multicam, black, OD, Coyoteish-tan and maybe a few others.
    They are going for 110.00 plus shipping. Im malso going to be making a couple of neat changes and will post them once we figure it out.
    Thanks
    I'm not sure about the quality of your product so I cannot speak with confindence about your product, but IMHO, $110 + Shipping seems on the high side. I used an extremely durable tactical vest from Tactical Tailor while I was in Iraq. The vest carried 6x M16 Mags, 3x M9 (9mm Mags), a holster for a Beretta 9mm, a 1st aid pouch, a carrier for a hydration pack, a radio and other accessory pouch on the back, and a few more pouches. The entire vest was only around $120 each. The vest was extremely durable and lasted rigorous beatings throughout a year in an unforgiving environment.

I wish you the best with your product, it's development, and sales. If you have customers willing to pay what you want, then I say go for it. I still feel that $110 is a little on the high side.

Just one example...and I'm not promoting this webpage, but it is the first that I came across. Cheaperthandirt.com Product Link has a MOLLE capable chest rig that looks very comfortable and well built that also offers a hydration pack carrier for $39.97.

Downloads
    Uploads
    CTD tends to run imported items of medium quality, and while they are fine for many people, they aren't something that would be your best bet for hard use or duty gear.

I think Shihan is talking about gear that is custom made in the US, which explains the price difference. I've followed Shihans posts for several years, and he is one of the people that I would meet up with and grab dinner. For people who know me, that speaks volumes.

It looks like they are roughly the same price as a fully configured Tac Tailor MAV, which seems about right to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll second what Stick said. Shihan is not a low-end type. When you consider the cost for his rig, you have to keep in mind that it is going to be made in the US, with quality components and stitching and will be intended for long term hard use. Add in that anything in MC generally runs $10-15 above other colors/materials and it is still a good deal. I haven't seen his stuff personally, but his reputation is first-rate.
    CTD stuff is on a different (and lower) level. And again as Stick said, it will suit a lot of people just fine. For those that need or want more, Shihan's stuff looks like it will be a very good value.
    Personally, I'm very interested in this and I'm looking forward to what the new version will be.

Boogieman Guest
    Stick / M24, thank you both for your additional feedback. Now that I see more into this I see your points. In no way did I try to discredit or downgrade Shihan's product. If anyone local happens to get their hands on one, I would love to check it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No prob, and I don't think anyone believed that you were.
    You said you weren't familiar with Chris, and we were just trying to give you a better idea of the guy.
    You're probably not far from TacTailor, and his stuff is very good. I run a MAV with lots of other TT stuff and it is very good. I wouldn't hesitate to try out Shihan's rig and like I said I'm eager to see how he's improved on what I already think is a pretty good platform.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the kind words Stick and m2.

The cost is just like you guys said the rigs are customed made by hand one at a time by someone who has made alot of good stuff. Figuring the SKD rig is 90.00 in Multicam(when they can be found) alone I figured this one was priced fair.

What im thinking of doing is enlarging the pouches to accept 3 AR mags each as well as 2 AK mags. Besides the top bungie cords there is removable bungies that are adjustable built into the sides of the pouches so you can adjust them up or down in size. You can also remove the top bungies and and have the mags stay secure if you tighten the side bungies.

Im also going to slightly enlarge the pistol pouches so that besides holding a fullsize double stack mag for those who like to also carry a 1911 can load 2 mags per pistol pouch.

For Boogie and others who dont know me im a combat vet who has seen way too much bad stuff and im a long time Karate teacher with a super duper attention to detail.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    I might be interested in a group buy if you run one. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL this is the Group Buy price. Im selling these at the shows for 130.00.

Downloads
    Uploads
    my bad I didn't read everything and just looked at the pictures...lol..you have pics in RG or coyote brown ? thanks

also will you be enlarging the pouches on the next batch ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No problem. The only pics I have is of the one in MC. All the new ones will come with the new specs.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post

I think Shihan is talking about gear that is custom made in the US, which explains the price difference. I've followed Shihans posts for several years, and he is one of the people that I would meet up with and grab dinner. For people who know me, that speaks volumes.
    It does...

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone wanna help me out with pics of the new version?

Downloads
    Uploads
    man I like it..

here you go:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting them for me.

Some upgrades to the Chest Rig over the prototype that I thought would be nice additions.

On the new rigs the pouches will be enlarged to accept 3 AR mags each as well as 2 AK mags.
    Besides the top bungie cords there is removable bungies that are adjustable built into the sides of the pouches so you can adjust them up or down in size. You can also remove the top bungies and and have the mags stay secure if you tighten the side bungies.

Im also going to slightly enlarge the pistol pouches so that besides holding a fullsize double stack mag for those who like to also carry a 1911 can load 2 mags per pistol pouch. It will hold a G-21 mag with ease.

The wrap on the shoulder strap is an add on item and is removable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a great looking rig. I think the price point is right on. For a high quality US made rig in Multicam with those features you are actually getting a great deal at that price.