Downloads
    Uploads

20 Round Mapul Pmags?

Whats up guys? Ive been doing some reading trying to select mags for my AR-15 build and I thought I had decided to go for the Magpul 20 round pmag until I started reading about feed issues with the follower. Does anyone have any experience with these and is this only with older mags or is it still an issue with new ones

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use 20 rounders pretty often. I've never had a issue. I prefer to use them on the range because it makes me change mags more often. Not what you would want to use in a 3 gun match or when SHTF, but for practice and target work, I find them to be my preference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use Pmag 20's for duty use, and at the range when benching an AR, never had an issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard of a few issues, but seen non firsthand. Although I don't run my 20 round Pmags as often as the 30 round mags, mine have worked fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's a non-issue as well. I've heard of some people replacing the followers with the ones from 30 rounders. I think it limits them to 18 or something though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The followers are specif to their magazine tube and are not interchangeable. The 20 round follower is not intended to be an anti-tilt, since the mag body is straight and needs the movement to adjust for the slightly tapered 5.56/.223 round.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard of one or two people online act like the 20 rounders are no good, and in the bog scheme of everyone else having no problems, I don't think that shows an issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine all seem to have a moulding error in the front, but run 100%. Great magazines.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use them all the time, I probably have about 10 or so, never had a problem. Definitely prefer them over 30 rounders for bench and prone work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

With Factory Colt 20 Rnd. mags readily available, I can't imagine using anything else. http://www.specializedarmament.com/p...ORY-268-4.html
    "LONG LIVE THE FN-BROWNING-SAIVE HIGH POWER"

John Browning & Dieudonne Saive's Designs Will Always be Light Years Ahead of All the Others.

Fighting Anti-Gun Tyrants & Traitors is a 24/7 Job that Must be Done!

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning High Power, than shoot him dead with a plastic pistol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Reed View Post
    Hello,

With Factory Colt 20 Rnd. mags readily available, I can't imagine using anything else. http://www.specializedarmament.com/p...ORY-268-4.html
    While Colt factory mags are good indeed, they are more expensive than the NHMTG version at 44mag.com. $13 vs $22. They are also running a sale on Colt 20 round mags - $15.

Keep in mind Colt does not make mags. Both mags are made by Okay Ind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Eric, thanks for the links.

Yes, they are made by OKay but their also made to COLT Spec's and since that involves a higher level of quality control, I don't mind paying the extra coupla bucs for them vs. the NHMTG version, which would be my second choice for mags.
    "LONG LIVE THE FN-BROWNING-SAIVE HIGH POWER"

John Browning & Dieudonne Saive's Designs Will Always be Light Years Ahead of All the Others.

Fighting Anti-Gun Tyrants & Traitors is a 24/7 Job that Must be Done!

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning High Power, than shoot him dead with a plastic pistol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had some issues with my 20-rd PMAGs and wanted to share my experience when this thread was first created. However, since my experience with my 20-rd PMAGs was at the time somewhat limited, I thought I'd give them a little more range time before weighing in. Well, they haven't seen a lot more range time, but it has been enough to indicate to me that all 5 of the FDE 20-rd PMAGs that I purchased last summer won't trip the BHO after the last round on 3 of my lowers. If it matters, the lowers were used in various combinations with 3 different uppers equipped with semi and auto carriers. During these outings, I have also used 30-rd PMAGs, 30-rd aluminum magazines, and 20-rd curved aluminum magazines; all of which tripped the BHO after the last round.

I wasn't aware of any issues at all with the 20-rd PMAGs when I bought them. Had I researched the magazines ahead of time and read one or two posts from folks who experienced issues, that probably wouldn't have been enough to cause me to reconsider the purchase because:

1 - The frequency of reported issues is low
    2 - It's Magpul. All of my 30-rounders work perfectly, so why wouldn't these?
    3 - I won't have any problems with mine (see #2)

Oh well, chalk it up to experience, I guess. Maybe I just got 5 out of a bad batch. Who knows. I will say that they have fed 100% reliably regardless of the ammo used our how many rounds have been loaded into the magazine (as few as 1 and as many as 20). If I had to choose between reliable feeding and BHO function, I'd choose reliable feeding. Now that I know this is how my five 20-rd PMAGs work, it isn't a big deal. If I feel I need more straight 20-rd magazines, I may be inclined to try a different brand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Call magpul. I had some wonky mags once and they swapped them out for me. That said, mine had been thirty rounders that were not dropping free from my magwell. The gentleman I talked to asked me the date of manufacture and then told me the ones I had were made to a different spec.

Different issue obviously, but it can't hurt to talk to them and see if they can offer some sort of insight or solution.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Mine all seem to have a moulding error in the front, but run 100%. Great magazines.
    same here. Mine have small pits in the front, near the very bottom. looks like an excess piece of plastic had been snapped off instead of cut off, and took a chunk off below the surface instead of snapping off cleanly. No big deal but they are noticeable.