Downloads
    Uploads

Review of the A.R.M.S. #71L series, Front and Rear Sights Set.

Please post comments here.

INTRO:
    This is my review of the A.R.M.S. #71L series, Front and Rear Sights Set.

A.R.M.S. #71L SERIES, FRONT AND REAR SIGHTS:
    • Designed to allow attachment to all Universal Dovetail 1913 and Weaver style Rails.
    • Both are made from durable, metal-reinforced polymer and are a good option when seeking a quality sight.
    • Both are .610" when in the folded position, from the top of the receiver.
    • A regular flathead screw is used to tighten the mount.
    • The #71L-F (front sight) is rail mounted with a quick deploy latch.
    • They are held open/in the up position by the spring tension.

A.R.M.S. #71L FRONT SIGHT:
    Adjusting the A.R.M.S. #71L Front Sight is done just like a regular A2 front sight. The pin is actually on the left side instead of on the rear. I highly recommend getting an A2 front sight tool, in particular the skinny one, as it will make it easier to adjust and it won't butcher the sight.

Pro's:
    1. $37.
    2. Easy to deploy.
    3. Adjusts like a regular Front Sight.
    4. Low-Profile (.610"). (Troys are .460").

Con's:
    1. Should not be mounted on railed gas block due to the heat.

A.R.M.S. #71L REAR SIGHT:
    Adjusting the A.R.M.S. #71L Rear Sight is done just like a regular rear sight. The A.R.M.S. #71L Rear Sight uses the Same Plane Rear Aperature with notches on top for CQB shooting. After using many different rear sights, this is by far my favorite (Same Plane Aperature with the CQB Notch.). I did some CQB clearing drills and to use the CQB Notch, all I have to do is slightly raise my head and look through the CQB Notch to the front sight. In theory, this should be dead on at CQB distances. I will test this out when we do our qualifications at work and update this with the exact range.

Pro's:
    1. $54.
    2. Easy to deploy.
    3. Adjusts like a regular Rear Sight.
    4. Low-Profile (.610"). (Troys are .460").
    5. Same Plane Rear Aperature with CQB Notch.

Con's:
    1. Small aperature goes forward when sight is deployed.

CONCLUSION:
    I was skeptical of replacing my Troy BUIS with "plastic" sights, but after using the Magpul MBUS for over a year, I felt very comfortable with using Polymer Sights. I even managed to drop my AR from the top of the couch (3' tall) and it fell on the floor with the A.R.M.S. #71L Sights open and they held up. I highly recommend these.

I should mention that when I purchased the A.R.M.S. #71L Front and Rear Set, I had a problem with the A.R.M.S. #71L Front Sight. When zeroing the sights at 50 yards with my LMT Piston Upper, the I was initially hitting 12" low on the FBI "Q" target (12" is at the bottom). I adjusted the A.R.M.S. #71L Front Sight all the way down and I was still hitting 4" low. I replaced the A.R.M.S. #71L Front Sight with the previous front sight that I had on and it was dead on. I later contacted A.R.M.S. and they told me to send the A.R.M.S. #71L Front Sight in to get it looked at. I received a call back within a few days and they advised that there was something wrong with the mold and they had to adjust it. I received my new one in the mail a week later and this time, it was right on at 100 yards. Matter of fact, I only had to make slight adjustment to the A.R.M.S. #71L Rear Sight.

Downloads
    Uploads

Update

Just wanted to post a little update on these sights. Since I purchased the ARMS #71 front and rear set, these have been my primary optics on my LMT Piston AR. I have not had any problems until recently, which is a known issue with the ARMS #71 Rear. When I deploy the sight, the small aperature slightly goes forward with the momentum of the flip. This is more of an annoyance than anything else.