Downloads
    Uploads

EOTech EXPS 2-0 Review.

EOTech EXPS 2-0 Review is up. Please post comments here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting your review. I might note that:

a) You mention night vision settings, but AFAIK the EXPS2 doesn't have night vision capability. I do note that, under the aluminum hood, the EXPS 3 night vision button is still there, but the night vision circuitry is disabled.

b) You mention that the EXPS2 is waterproof to 10 ft. I think you mean 10 meters (33 feet).

c) The EXPS2 is also available as the EXPS2-2, which has two 1 MOA dots in the reticle, the lower one for BDC.

d) The second image you post is actually an EXPS3. AFAIK, the EXPS2 is some kind of special deal only available from Optics Planet as the OPMOD. It is basically an EXPS3 with the night vision disabled and therefore about $75 cheaper. The EXPS2 also has the billboard OPMOD on the side.

http://mccollister.info/opmodfeatures.jpg

Unless, I'm wrong of course, and Eotech as some kind of LEO special deal where they can sell EXPS2 labeled as such to agencies instead of only through Optics Planet as the OPMOD.
    ?
    Last edited by Hmac; 15 March 2011 at 20:28.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The EXPS 2-0 is also NV capable. The difference is that you have to manually lower the brightness down, while the EXPS 3-0 or 3-2 has the NV button that automatically sets this correct NV brightness level. I took the info right Out of the EOtech website. I'll check into it some more. The one I have is the Optics planet version like on the picture.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just ordered the EXPS 2-0 from GGGAZ.com. I am not LE or military so I don't think it is exclusive to LE) or Optics Planet. the OPMOD is identical to the EXPS-2-0 except that it is raised for a lower 1/3 co-witness. Also, as the link shows it is available in three versions: with only the single dot without the 65mil ring, with the ring and dot, and with ring and two dots.

EDIT: You are absolutely right. I ordered the xps2-0 and not the exps2-0....for more money than the opmod offered by optics planet. That will teach me to be impulsive and not shop around.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/eotech-t...ible-xps2.html
    Last edited by lingeringlight; 16 March 2011 at 17:17.
    Everything rising up collapses
    Everything coming together falls apart
    Every meeting ends in parting
    Every life ends in death
    -udanavarga

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I confess I'm a little confused now. On the Eotech website in the Law Enforcement section I see that they do list the EXPS2-0 and EXPS2-2, and on it they do mention the NV specs that Paulo put up, and they also state a 10 ft water depth limit. However, on the OPMOD website, they mention nothing about NV, actually have a disabled NV button, and state a 33 foot water depth limit. So I wonder if the OPMOD EXPS2 isn't a different model than the Eotech EXPS2, because they each have different claims and specs.

I don't see GG&G listing an EXPS2 on their website, but IIRC they were selling what they were calling an EXPS2, but was actually just an XPS2 with a GG&G QD mount. If you bought one, look to see if it has side buttons or rear buttons.
    Last edited by Hmac; 16 March 2011 at 10:38.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, a brief but cryptic discussion with a nice lady at Eotech suggests that the OPMOD is an EXPS3 with night vision circuitry disabled, which explains why the OPMOD has the same NV button as the EXPS3, but hidden under the hood. The EXPS3 is their so-called "extreme" version and is the foundation (maybe the whole optic, she wouldn't say) for the SU231A which was apparently built for the Navy SEALs and is waterproof up to 33 feet. This is different than the Eotech EXPS2 which is does have 2-button night vision compatibility and is only waterproof to 10 feet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is confusing. LOL. I added some more info to the thread.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, confusing that Eotech and Optics Planet both have Eotech models labeled EXPS2 that are different optics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been one of the biggest EOTech apologists, but now you can add me to the EOTech hate club. I was at the range and my EOTech EXPS 2-0 just cut out. After a few seconds, I was able to turn it back on. This is on a training gun, so it isn't that big of a deal, but my faith in EOTech is gone. I thought the XPS/EXPS was going to be the savior. I was wrong. I'll stick to my TA33 and I may check out the T-1's one of these years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did this appear to be a battery going dead?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Did this appear to be a battery going dead?
    No. When the battery goes dead, the EOTech starts blinking and continues to blink until it is replaced. The Eotech just shut off and would not turn on for about 30 seconds and then turned back on and I didn't have any more problems.