Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zollen View Post
    You are correct. I love BCM lowers. It was my first choice, but they are currently having a hugh backlog and stop accepting new orders temporary. I have no choice but to look elsewhere.
    Zollen - BCM's website say's they'll start taking orders again in Early May, heck man, your only looking at a 2-3 weeks wait time!

Why not just hold off and get the lower that you really want?
    "LONG LIVE THE FN-BROWNING-SAIVE HIGH POWER"

John Browning & Dieudonne Saive's Designs Will Always be Light Years Ahead of All the Others.

Fighting Anti-Gun Tyrants & Traitors is a 24/7 Job that Must be Done!

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning High Power, than shoot him dead with a plastic pistol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the above, Zollen. Order the BCM and live happily-ever-after.

Downloads
    Uploads
    AND...if you're looking for a decent deal on a quality lower receiver, check this out: http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=1462

Then talk to Rainier Arms about building the lower up for you so that it's complete. I bet you can come in close to or under your $300 mark.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I don't have extensive experience with the AR Platform, I have built 3 AR's from stripped lowers. Based on what I have read it seems you are in the market for a built lower, but I think you might be better off getting a stripped lower. Since you are new, the process of putting one together will help you understand how this weapon platform works. That being said I think there a many options for quality lowers out there that are readily available. For the price riflegear.com usually have spikes tactical lowers on sale for around 99.00, however I would also check out rainierarms.com and look at their own lower which is manufactured by mega arms for rainier. I have used both, and they have produced great final products. This will also give you the ability to change out lower components without having to buy twice. If you do some smart shopping, you can build up a lower for just under 300.00, and have exactly what you want.

If you plan on spending a little more for something like a two stage trigger, I would suggest the JP lower parts kit (without trigger assembly), and a rock river 2 stage trigger. This combo is my favorite without breaking the bank. (You can get this combo for the best price at riflegear.com)

The following is a list of my go to sites for obtaining parts.
    www.rainierarms.com
    www.riflegear.com
    www.bravocompanyusa.com
    www.pkfirearms.com
    www.stagarms.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Zollen, I'll share two pieces of useful information with you:

1 - Palmetto State Armory sells a complete lower for 299 << http://palmettostatearmory.com/1619.php >> It has magpul furniture already installed on it, is put together right, and includes a PMag. This will likely need to be shipped to a local gun store for you to pick it up from. There are instructions on PSA's website regarding what is required to get the firearm shipped to a gun store.

2 - Lurk More.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @Zollen.

One thing to keep in mind is that your local FFL/Gunstore will charge you a fee for bringing in the lower receiver. It could be up to $100 or a hefty % of the cost of the part/gun.

In my experience, the local gun stores rip you off on any FFL transfer because they don't want you to buy from someone else. If anyone knows of a N. Cal/SF Bay area FFL that doesn't try to screw you, let me know. It sucks when you see lowers on-line for $99 and then the FFL fee from the store is $100. Of course they do sell the Spike's for $124........ But its not what you wanted. Needless to say anything more.

Anyway, the cheapest route maybe to:
    1 - Purchase the stripped lower at your local gun store
    2 - Source all parts from Palmetto / Brownell's, etc...

This is what I did for my 2nd build. Some of the stores here refuse to carry AR parts and others jack up all the prices by more than $20. So, for me, I got the lower locally and everything else on line.

I found Palmetto to have great deals on Magpul grip + Lower parts kit.

Another place is CalsSportingArmory. They have the Magpul CTR for $77 compared to $96 at other places. They do charge a small handling fee but it ends up cheaper than anywhere else online.

The great thing is it ends up feeling like Christmas because every day another box comes.
    Last edited by freebug; 26 April 2011 at 16:41.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by freebug View Post
    @Zollen.

One thing to keep in mind is that your local FFL/Gunstore will charge you a fee for bringing in the lower receiver.
    IIRC, Zollen is from Canada.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    IIRC, Zollen is from Canada.

In that case, life just got ugly for him, and he does not enjoy the same choices most of us do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Freebug check out golden state tactical. He's in sac and transfers for real cheap. Great guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by exedotbat View Post
    If you plan on spending a little more for something like a two stage trigger, I would suggest the JP lower parts kit (without trigger assembly), and a rock river 2 stage trigger. This combo is my favorite without breaking the bank. (You can get this combo for the best price at riflegear.com)
    I would disagree on this - going with a different LPK such as the G&R (saves money omitting a trigger and pistol grip) is enough of a margin to get a quality two stage trigger (a use GSSA) over a junk trigger like the RRA NM2 unit. The RRA is great for varmint shooting, but if trying to make a rifle that will see some high round count, the RRA won't be adequate.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Removed by Eric.

Downloads
    Uploads
    @223nbecker45. Hey, many thanks! Golden State Tactical looks like a winner. I'll be giving them a call to verify. But their Spike's lower is already such a great deal. The only bad part, $50 in savings on the receiver is spent on GAS up to order and to pickup. So, I'll have to save up and do it all at once!