Downloads
    Uploads

Wallpaper and Images

I'm a HUGE fan of the pictures that everyone takes of the weapons and weapon systems here at WEVO. I've only been able to find a few good sites, usually manufacturers of weapons or accessories that have a decent downloads section on their website for wallpaper images for my background.

Has there been any thought to a downloads section here on WEVO that we can get some sweet artwork for our computers? I've been staring at the Magpul Prototype for over a year now (http://www.magpul.com/wallpapers.html).

Or maybe you guys have some links that you can share and we'll just start a list.

Hopefully when my girlfriend finds her camera charger I'll be able to add some picks of my own guns, especially the new Uberti Schofield!

Regards, Hatter

Downloads
    Uploads
    See the link in my sig line.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    I'm a HUGE fan of the pictures that everyone takes of the weapons and weapon systems here at WEVO. I've only been able to find a few good sites, usually manufacturers of weapons or accessories that have a decent downloads section on their website for wallpaper images for my background.

Has there been any thought to a downloads section here on WEVO that we can get some sweet artwork for our computers? I've been staring at the Magpul Prototype for over a year now (http://www.magpul.com/wallpapers.html).

Or maybe you guys have some links that you can share and we'll just start a list.

Hopefully when my girlfriend finds her camera charger I'll be able to add some picks of my own guns, especially the new Uberti Schofield!

Regards, Hatter

My Flickr account has over 700 different images uploaded... If you like the work I've shot for Magpul, you should find some things there that may be of interest for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I know. Your Flickr account has a huge, albeit negative, impact in my afternoon productivity! I was thinking of something a little more wallpaper specific with different resolutions for screens.

I wonder if people would be interested in submitting a few photos and people voting to create some WEVO specific wallpapers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I know. Your Flickr account has a huge, albeit negative, impact in my afternoon productivity! I was thinking of something a little more wallpaper specific with different resolutions for screens.

I wonder if people would be interested in submitting a few photos and people voting to create some WEVO specific wallpapers.

Sounds good to me, we should probably start be listing what the most common wallpaper sizes are.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My new laptop is 1280 x 800
    I had previously used 1024 x 768

Downloads
    Uploads
    My new laptop is 1280 x 800
    I had previously used 1024 x 768
    Those along with 1600x900 are pretty much the standard. 1600x900 should be a good balance for most screen resolutions. 1920x1200 and 2560x1600 are the common resolutions for HD wallpaper, and should be able to be used on most pc screens as well, if you wouldnt mind making some that big, and in HD (which would be awesome if you did!).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tend to shoot 5600x3700, so the size isn't an issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So how do we get this started? I assume we just ask that members start submitting pics? Once we have enough pics submitted or we hit a date for submission deadline we have the admin set up a poll to vote? Handgun, AR, and NFA topics?

Chime in guys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    So how do we get this started? I assume we just ask that members start submitting pics? Once we have enough pics submitted or we hit a date for submission deadline we have the admin set up a poll to vote? Handgun, AR, and NFA topics?

Chime in guys...

I need to think up a set of guidelines, and then I'll make a thread where it will be only firearm wallpapers. These are going to have to be good clean images that were shot by the individual posting, and not images that are manufacturer shots. In other words, if its not something you personally shot, or if its for a manufacturer or commercial use, you can't post it. This gets us away from any copyright issues.

For sake of argument, lets say this was one of the shots that we were going to use as wallpaper. We would want to be able to download it in 1280 x 800 / 1024 x 768 / 1600x900 with 1920x1200 and 2560x1600 being optional?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds about right to me!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love this idea. May I suggest we use aspect ratio (ratio of width to height) instead of resolution to size the images? My 30" monitor is 16:10 at 2650x1600. I prefer to have huge images in order to preserve the quality. Modern operating systems all have a "fit" or "stretch" option which will force the image to fill the screen, regardless of resolution. In that case, only the aspect ratio matters.

The most common aspect ratios are 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    I love this idea. May I suggest we use aspect ratio (ratio of width to height) instead of resolution to size the images? My 30" monitor is 16:10 at 2650x1600. I prefer to have huge images in order to preserve the quality. Modern operating systems all have a "fit" or "stretch" option which will force the image to fill the screen, regardless of resolution. In that case, only the aspect ratio matters.

The most common aspect ratios are 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10.

Moxy may be on to something here. That or the option I was thinking (although I realize it's bandwidth intensive) is keeping to only the larger sizes. This way those with larger monitors still get a good clean crisp image but they can also always be scaled down for other screens...my 14" laptop for example.

Just tossing in my $.02