This is my review submittal regarding the HK 45.

HK45 review and range report.

Id like to begin with the features of this pistol that I find more appealing and operator friendly than the USP series.
Grip frame size and comfort are what truly sets this above the USP's. The grip of the frame with it's interchangable backstrap and finger grooves, now being called unofficially; (Spidey Grip), is Excellent. much less chunky than the USP grip and hand position is better. The finger grooves are more prominent and comfortable, the texture is much better, not requiring the addition of sandpaper decals like many have added to the USP's.
The frame is however, still quite large, not bulky or girthy, but long and will take a bit to get used to.
The large size does allow felt recoil to be deflected and transferred very well and the weapon is a pleasure to shoot.

VS the USP series this pistol has all the improvements I found much needed.
The addition of the Mil-Spec rail for standard pistol lights/Lasers was a greta upgrade, It fits M6/M6X's, Surefire X200 series and many others very well, no more need to get a rail adapter or HK specific light.
The trigger is excellent, not quite the feel a Factory match trigger, but the best you will get from the box. The trigger is appropriate for both combat and range purposes. It is not a hair trigger in SA, it has an acceptable amount of take up before engaging the sear, but the take up is smooth and the engagement is clean and crisp. Overtravel was very minimal through the SA firing. The DA was your standard heavy pull, giving a shooter more than adequate time to react or the individual who cannot keep his finger out of the trigger guard enough warning on actually firing the weapon.
HK has removed the two piece plunger/spring recoil assembly of the USP's and replaced it with the one piece with bushing similar to P2000 series.
The barrel has an O ring, similar to the MK 23/Tactical, and Elite's, this makes lock up tight and foolw up quick.
The hand is placed higher on the frame to lower bore/hand axis for more positive and accurate shot placement and easier foolow through.
The magazines have been downgraded to 10rd capacities, but, to me, 10rds of .45 is more than needed on or off range.
The finsh is the familiar HK "Hostile Enviornment" Black hard coat, mine was excellent, no complaints, no purple or red tint like some earlier HK pistols (P7's).
The sights appear Novak style 3 dot. Mine were the Luminescent style that must be charged with a flashlight before glowing, but they glow BRIGHT with a blast from a Surefire E2D for about 1-2hrs with fading during that time. I am told they WILL be offered with the original Night Sight configuration.
My Variant was Variant 1, side safety/decocker, not much changed here, I understand that LEM variants are scarecely available as the pistol itself. I read elsewher all the variants will be offered eventually.
The ambidextrious slide relesase was located in the same place with no apparent change.
The trigger guard has been downsized from the prominent flare outs on USP's.
The magazine release is still ambidextrious, It has been enlarged to accomadate faster, more positive reoading.
The frame has recesses on the mag well to allow for forced extaction of jammed magazines in FTE/FTF situation when a reload is necessary. No fuusing as needed to complete tack reloads during my COF.
Many of the other workings were that of the USP and will be second nature to those familiar with HK USP's