Stark Pistol grip
    VCAS Sling
    Lancer Mags
    Eotech XPS-2
    Surefire M300 mini scout
    Gear Sector light mount
    Troy BUIS
    Noveske 10.5 w/switchblock

I do plan on running an HSP Thorntail light mount putting the Scout at 1o'clock with an SR06 switch mount on the top rail.

Is there anything you guys think needs improvement?

Any and all advice and constructive criticism is appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

-Rex-

UPDATED PIC::

Last edited by hatchtrikk; 21 April 2012 at 20:43.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like it. Kind of what I'm planning. Nice to see what I'm wokring on before it's finished.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice setups there. I have similar setups, but I use the CTR on mine. I think its a matter of personal taste though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys!

I have a CTR on order for an SBR Draco project I'm currently in the middle of so I'll be able to try it out and see how it feels.

Does anyone have any recommendations on anything else I may need or need to get rid of?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like how you solved the lack of a bayonet lug on your SBR! Gun looks good. How does the pistol grip work for you? I have seen a few out there but never held one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I like how you solved the lack of a bayonet lug on your SBR! Gun looks good. How does the pistol grip work for you? I have seen a few out there but never held one.

LOL. Thanks!

I love it. Fits my hand perfectly. It also holds the batteries nicely with zero rattle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump for update.

Still looking for opinions/suggestions :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    How does the off-hand grip feel with the position of the VFG and the tailcap button of the light? Looks like it may be a bit of a reach for my hands.

Also, how does it shoot?
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I found that mounting the front sling swivel that far forward tends to get in the way of my support hand. I also found that, for me, the rifle hangs better and transitions better if I attach the rear sling swivel on the right side of the stock and bring it up over the top.

Last edited by Hmac; 29 January 2012 at 06:35.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmac...that's exactly how I set up my sling too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I found that mounting the front sling swivel that far forward tends to get in the way of my support hand. I also found that, for me, the rifle hangs better and transitions better if I attach the rear sling swivel on the right side of the stock and bring it up over the top.

I just tried that out and wow what a difference it makes with transitions!

Truth be told fellas, I have yet to get any proper training so everything that is on this rifle is subject to change once I can find what works best for me. Low speed civvy here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7one View Post
    How does the off-hand grip feel with the position of the VFG and the tailcap button of the light? Looks like it may be a bit of a reach for my hands.

Also, how does it shoot?

I use the VFG as a handstop. As a righty, my left thumb sits in the space between the 3 and 12 o'clock rail so activating the light is very natural in it's current config. Once I acquire the IWC/HSP Thorntail and SRO6 switch, I may move the VFG forward more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd run the slack from the sling back through the adjustment slide, then just rubber band it, or cut and burn it. Defeats the padding and makes it harder to slide and transition to other shoulder if needed that way. Electical tape will mitigate, but one hot range day and it'll start curling up on you I imagine.

Only part I'm still confused about is why the GearSector offset railed unit with a scout light instead of the pure GS scout offset mount?
    [ETA, the thorntail solves that]
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by triplebravo View Post
    Hmac...that's exactly how I set up my sling too.
    One thing I've noticed is that on the iMod stock, the sling swivel isn't rotation-limited so the sling can get twisted. I've been using a ranger band to secure it to the little slot on the top rear of the iMod. I'm going to try an ITW "Web Dominator" or a slip-lock on some shock cord and see it that's too bulky.