Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the Surefire X600. Have used the 6P and M96X in the past. Definitely prefer the Scout.

BRD Jerm Guest
    i have a G3-LED mounted in a SF QD...ive always heard shock isolation wasnt needed with an LED.

...thinking about going to the DD offset mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BRD Jerm View Post
    i have a G3-LED mounted in a SF QD...ive always heard shock isolation wasnt needed with an LED.

...thinking about going to the DD offset mount.

I think that would be a great combo. The LED gives you alot of extra hours on the same battery load.

TS

BRD Jerm Guest
    yeah,i hate to get rid of the QD mount,because i pop off the light to use arround the house alot...decided to just buy another light for that stuff.

i thought about going to the X300,but it wont get out in front of my rails as far as the G3 does(obviously).

still want one of those X300's though,i'll have to get one for my new summer carry pistol(probably G19).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman View Post
    I may add my extension tube and upgrade the bulb to make it a 9V system. Eventually I will upgrade the system to something that throw more light out.
    Go to Malkoffdevices.com and get one of Gene's M60 LED upgrades. Gives you approximately 235 lumens of white LED light out of your 6P, without concern for shock isolation, etc. for about $60.00. Absolutely blows away the stock surefire LED lamp and is well worth the money - I bought one for my 6P belt light, and ended up having to buy three more to replace the P60 lamps in my Agency owned surefire weapon lights. That's how much I liked 'em.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've used a 6P mounted to the barrel for probably 3 years now without a problem. It's probably been through 3-4k rounds.

Semper Fi

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a kick out of a show on the Military Channel this weekend. It was Weaponology: Special Forces. Larry Vickers did a comparison of the M4 and the HK 416. His 416 had the same light setup as mine. A regular G2 on what looked like a Vltor mount.

TS

BRD Jerm Guest
    got my X300 today...

very nice.

its a good deal brighter than the G3L(as it should be),but i wasnt expecting the difference in the color(temperature?) of the light.its far less blue than the G3L or any of the LED's ive used in the past.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This may not be what you're looking for but it works for me.
    It's small (less weight than larger lights), simple, easy to operate and manipulate, and is intended as a weapon mounted light. It also cost less than many of the alternatives. No need for separate light and mount purchases. It's the Streamlight TLR-1.

"I’m an average nobody, I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerStripe View Post
    I use a G2 Nitrolon in a Vltor mount. Not expensive, not the best but it does what I need it to do.
    I'll have to get a pic of my dual G2s in dual Viking mounts up one of these days. Maybe tonight I'll get the pic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'll have to get a pic of my dual G2s in dual Viking mounts up one of these days. Maybe tonight I'll get the pic.
    You running one on each side, or did you work an offset into it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ran a G2 with a Viking mount. But the people I camp with during deer season kept nagging me to remove the light so I wouldn't be fined for having a weapon mounted light. The Vltor made removal much easier. I haven't taken the light off though...

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You running one on each side, or did you work an offset into it?
    Well the viking mount is an offset mount, but the lights are positioned at 10 and 2. I didn't think about the pic until after dark yesterday. I need natural light to help my shitty photography.

I am to photography what Olympic arms is to AR15s. [puke]

Downloads
    Uploads
    I started out with one G2:

I liked it so much that I put a back up/support side G2 on as well:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Vikings Tactics and G2 with foreign (BRIGHT) LED: