Downloads
    Uploads

Troy "New drop in free float" for carbine length

I saw that stick posted somthin earlier, and Bravo Company just posted somthin on arfcom, but they state it is a non ff, can someone clarify please. If I can get a ff from troy for 150, im in. That would save me 100 bucks from the dd omega.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's quite odd. Bravo posted the new rail, and when you asked whether it was FF like the one Stick posted over here, he wasn't sure. That doesn't inspire confidence, does it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post

Those you have listed are the 2 of the other carbines rails that TROY makes. I'm assuming these will replace their current 2 piece Drop In rails.

The brand new 2 piece that Paul posted on ARFCOM is supposedly a free float design and priced at $149. The way is mounts is that it drops in like a 2 piece handguard then it clamps together with the 4 bolts down the rail. Since it's not clamping directly on the nut, I don't know how secure this method is for a true free floating system. Time and usage will be the best judge. If it works as designed, the price point is excellent and I could see this being a big player in the marketplace.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hwang View Post
    Those you have listed are the 2 of the other carbines rails that TROY makes. I'm assuming these will replace their current 2 piece Drop In rails.

The brand new 2 piece that Paul posted on ARFCOM is supposedly a free float design and priced at $149. The way is mounts is that it drops in like a 2 piece handguard then it clamps together with the 4 bolts down the rail. Since it's not clamping directly on the nut, I don't know how secure this method is for a true free floating system. Time and usage will be the best judge. If it works as designed, the price point is excellent and I could see this being a big player in the marketplace.
    I also cannot tell if it snaps into the hangaurd cap or not, because that would be the major factor; if it touches the barrel or not

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hwang View Post

My bad. Is there a link to the thread? Hoe does it differ from the DD Omega?

Downloads
    Uploads

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
    My bad. Is there a link to the thread? Hoe does it differ from the DD Omega?
    Thats what I want to know. Is it free float, or just a real stable drop in, and if not ff, what makes it just that

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwome View Post
    Thats what I want to know. Is it free float, or just a real stable drop in, and if not ff, what makes it just that
    Well if it's this one then it's the old MRF-DI which isn't FF and is the upper URL I posted earlier.

Here's Troy's link for the MRF-DI

"The Troy MRF-DI is a non free floating direct replacement for all M4/M16 carbine plastic hand guards. The Troy Patented clamping design
    ensures absolute rock solid mounting which is unequalled in the world today. The MRF-DI provides a true optical mounting platform that
    increases the modularity and accuracy of the M4. No gunsmithing is required as the MRF-DI installs in less than a minute and provides true U.S.
    Military Specification M1913 rails at 12-3-6 and 9 o’clock. All MRF rail systems are machined from hardened aircraft aluminum and finished
    in MIL-STD Type III Hard Coat Anodize in Flat Black or USSOCOM Flat Dark Earth. Made in USA"

It's strange that Bravo isn't sure but they use the direct link to Troy's image which has the quoted description just above it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Troy dealers are now saying it's non free-floating.

At Shot, the Troy representative told us it was free floating and the way it pictured on our site indicates that was the intended purpose. I'm only guessing but maybe the lockup feature with the 4 bolts wasn't the proper design to be free floating. Maybe a Troy dealer can chime in and clarify.

All I can tell you is what we heard down at Shot is different than the reports coming out now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought it to be FF as well and I ordered one for a customer. From what I can tell the design is not FF and the new Troy catalog dosent list it as FF. Hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SHIHAN View Post
    I thought it to be FF as well and I ordered one for a customer. From what I can tell the design is not FF and the new Troy catalog dosent list it as FF. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I will probabbly just stick with the Omega now.