Downloads
    Uploads

BCM or Noveske lower?

I am finally getting around to buying a high quality lower receiver to register for my BCM 11.5 BFH upper, that my wife bought for my birthday in February... of 2010. She is an amazing wife, and has no issues with me getting a high quality lower for it, as it is temporarily sitting on a Spikes blem pistol lower.

The two choices I am giving myself are a BCM complete lower, or a Noveske stripped lower that I would build myself with a Daniel Defense LPK, and a Noveske QD endplate with an overall lower finished price than the BCM. I have put together six lowers so far, so I am capable of building the Noveske.

Is there any discernible difference? I know I will be happy either way, but was just looking for a little input.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It really depends on what logo you want on your gun. That's probably the biggest difference between the two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep...they are both excellent and made to spec. If it were me, I'd choose the BCM only because you have a BCM upper and I'm OCD like that.

I also say that IMHO, the Spike's lowers are of equal quality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've built rifles based on both brands. Both are good, but I've been disappointed more often by my Noveske's than the BCM's. The thing that keeps drawing me to Noveske is the opportunity to get a matched upper and lower. I realize that rattling between upper and lower is functionally insignificant, but I associate lack of rattling with higher quality firearms and I don' like it. OTOH, I've had to sand several of my Pmags to accommodate consistent dropping out of two of those Noveske lowers.
    Last edited by Hmac; 12 May 2011 at 08:29.

Downloads
    Uploads

Noveske has announced they are coming out with a stripped forged-billet flared-magwell lower in a month or two. From the pictures I've seen, it is a nice looking lower.They are taking orders for a NST Special Rifle with it now.

Might be worth the wait...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you basing your decision on dollar value or overall quality & finish? Both lowers are GTG. I've help build lowers with both brands, some of the Noveske lowers were 2nd but they were fine. IMHO, based on your choices, I lean towards BCM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmac, thanks for the info. I can see the benefit of putting a BCM lower with the BCM upper, based on possible tolerance differences.

ucrt, I have seen pictures of that lower, and while nice, i don't think its something that I would personally want.

tac40, dollar value is pretty much the only deciding factor, as I know they are both high quality. The end result being two complete lowers, but with the Noveske route being a full $100 cheaper. I love both of my BCM uppers. I have the 11.5 and a 20. My only experience with anything Noveske related is a KX3 on a 7.5 pistol, and a 20" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With the price of the BCM Blemished units (which seem to be devoid of blemishes a lot of the time), that's the winner for the value argument. As amazing as the Noveske Flared unit looks, that price difference would put you in range of adding a used Geissele SSA trigger to the BCM Blem (I have one exactly like that), which would be a truly enviable lower.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    I am finally getting around to buying a high quality lower receiver to register for my BCM 11.5 BFH upper, that my wife bought for my birthday in February... of 2010. She is an amazing wife, and has no issues with me getting a high quality lower for it, as it is temporarily sitting on a Spikes blem pistol lower.

The two choices I am giving myself are a BCM complete lower, or a Noveske stripped lower that I would build myself with a Daniel Defense LPK, and a Noveske QD endplate with an overall lower finished price than the BCM. I have put together six lowers so far, so I am capable of building the Noveske.

Is there any discernible difference? I know I will be happy either way, but was just looking for a little input.
    Heh I did that actually, I built a Noveske stripped lower with a Daniel Defense LPK and Noveske QD endplate, but I ended up swapping a lot of the DD LPK when I installed KNS anti-roll pins and YHM EZ-takedown pins.

But I'd get a BCM lower since you already have a BCM upper.

As above, spike's are also good to go, but matching your BCM upper to your lower is so much more awesomesauce. But last time I checked (last week), BCM and Spikes are both on long backorders for their lowers. Noveske probably is too (they are gone on rainierarms, an awesome site with great customer support and I believe they frequent these forums too), but I'd give them a call.

In terms of specs, all three are great, high quality lowers. In terms of looks, I like Noveske best. The spikes spider looks too much like darth vader to me. BCM looks kind of cheesy, I hate that font they use, but they make high quality AR stuff for VERY reasonable prices.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 12 May 2011 at 20:16.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like both companies, and I own lowers from both. I think Noveske has the best looking rollmark on any of the standard Ar15 lower receivers.

My ever humble duty pig shown below.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I will go with the Noveske, mainly because it is available right now. Of course, since I have the disease, I will have to also pick up a BCM at a later time.