Downloads
    Uploads

Aimpoint Micro T-1 Review

Please post comments here.

INTRO:
    This is my review of the Aimpoint Micro T-1.

Aimpoint Micro T-1 Red Dot Sight
    I know these sights have been out for a while now and there have been several reviews on it, but this is the first time I bought one so I wanted to do a review on it.

FIRST IMPRESSION:
    First, I really like how lightweight this sight is. It literally feels like I don't have an optic on my AR. The next thing I noticed was how little field obstruction there is with it. When using a regular Aimpoint, I get that feeling that I'm looking through a roll of toilet paper, even though I always shoot with both eyes open. With the T-1, it is very clean, like an EOTech. The 4 MOA dot is not a big deal for me. This is a combat optic and I never had a problem with the 4 MOA Aimpoints in the past. Even the turrets and Turret Caps are pretty neat. The turrets have these two holes that you have to stick the supplied Micro Tool or just turn the Turret Caps over and use them.

PRO'S:
    1. Light.
    2. Rugged. If you don't think these are durable, just watch the Daniel Defense Torture Test.
    3. Battery life (5 years).

CON's:
    1. Price ($550 without mount/$650.00 with mount). With most Aimpoints, they are priced a little too high IMHO. The only exception being the Aimpoint PRO.

CONCLUSION:
    The Aimpoint T-1 is rapidly becoming my favorite red dot on the market. It is lightweight, rugged, and has the typical Aimpoint battery life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SPECIFICATIONS:

Aimpoint Micro T-1 Red Dot Sight:

In response to the need for smaller and lighter tactical sights, Aimpoint is proud to introduce the new Micro T-1 electronic red-dot sight. Built to offer the same battle proven ruggedness as larger Aimpoint sights, the Micro T-1 is able to perform under extreme conditions while adding negligible weight to your weapon.

This new compact sight is suitable for use on rifles, carbines, shotguns, submachineguns and handguns. The Aimpoint Micro T-1 is ideal as a stand-alone sight, and can also be piggybacked on top of larger magnifying scopes, night vision, or thermal imaging optics. The Micro T-1 weighs in at only 3.6 ounces, and comes complete with a patent-pending integral Picatinny mount that is keyed into the sight body to absorb recoil.

The Micro T-1 is a 1X (non magnifying) parallax-free optic that features a 4 minute of angle (MOA) red dot for fast target acquisition. No tools are required to zero the sight, as the top of the caps covering the windage and elevation screws fit directly into holes on the adjustment screws to make the adjustment. The Micro T-1 is waterproof to 25 meters (80 feet) and tough enough to stand up to the worst field conditions. Optimized for use with all generations of night vision devices, the Micro T-1 features a manual adjustment switch with 6 night vision compatible settings and 7 daylight settings (including one extra bright setting for use in desert sunlight or with laser protection filters). Aimpoint s state-of-the-art ACET diode technology allows the Micro T-1 to operate continuously for over 5 years on a single CR-2032 battery. The Micro T-1 is a very exciting tactical optic not just because of its small size, but also due to its extreme versatility. Not only is the Micro T-1 a full-featured stand-alone combat optic, it can also be mounted on top of other magnifying optics, giving the operator dual capabilities to engage targets in a CQB situation as well as at longer ranges. Now, everyone can have the speed advantage of a red dot sight, no matter what type of weapon or primary optic they are carrying.

FEATURES:
    Ideal for rifles, carbines, shotguns, submachine guns and handguns
    Weight 3.7 oz. (105g) including mount
    1X (non-magnifying) parallax free optic.
    Compatible will all generations of Night Vision Devices (NVD)
    6 night vision compatible settings and 7 daylight settings – one extra bright for use with laser protection glasses or in bright desert sunlight.
    Integral Picatinny-style base allows easy attachment to any rail.
    Patent pending mount is keyed to the sight body to absorb recoil.
    New ACET technology allows 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation from one battery
    4 MOA dot
    Hard anodized non-reflective finish.
    Submersible to 80 feet (25 meters)
    Precision adjustments for windage and elevation. Top of protective caps fits into holes on adjustment screws – no other tool required.
    Use as a stand alone sight or “piggybacked” on larger magnifying, thermal, or night vision optics.
    Unlimited field of view
    Parallax-free and unlimited eye relief
    Unaffected by extreme weather conditions
    Rugged, durable construction
    No hazardous materials
    No laser emission that could be harmful to your eyes
    Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
    Increased aiming confidence

OPTICAL DATA:
    System Passive Red Dot Collimator Reflex Sight
    Magnification 1X
    Eye relief Unlimited
    Reticle, size 4 MOA
    Optical coating Anti reflex and Band Pass coatings, NVD compatible
    ELECTRONIC DATA
    Battery Type One 3 V lithium battery, type CR2032, commercially available
    Battery Life, typical Over 5 years of continuous (day and night) use at pos 8 of 12 and
    Switch, dot brightness 12 settings – 4 NVD and 8 Daylight of which 1Extra Bright,
    MECHANICAL DATA
    Material housing Extruded, high strength aluminum, hard anodized
    Surface finish Black to dark gray, non-glare finish
    Material lens covers Rubber, black, non-glare finish
    Adjustment Range ±1 m at 100 meters (±1 yds at 100 yds) in windage and elevation,
    Mounting Keyed surface Patent pending mount keyed to the sight body to absorb recoil
    DIMENSIONS
    Length 62 mm (2.4)
    Width/height 41 mm x 36 mm (1.6” x 1.4”) for sight only and 41 mm x 40 mm (1.6” x 1.6”) for sight with Mount
    Ring width none
    Weight 84 grams (3.0 oz) Sight only, 105 grams (3.7 oz) Sight with Mount
    ENVIRONMENTAL DATA
    Temperature Range -45 oC to +71 oC (-50 oF to +160 oF)
    Water resistance 45 m (150 ft.)

PICTURES: