Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

BOBRO Quick Release Throw Lever - BLAC

BOBRO will be introducing a new quick release throw lever mount. It is a brand new design that is very different than what is available currently in the market place. They saw some of the flaws of the current systems and wanted to build something better. By now, you’ve all seen the work of Andrew Bobro. If he can’t make it better, he just doesn’t make it. During dinner one evening during SHOT we were fortunate enough to see the lever in person. Without giving much detail away as patent paperwork is in the works, it is the best design we’ve ever seen. It’s so simple but brilliant. The unique feature about the Quick release lever is that it fits on any size rail system milspec or not without any adjustment. Once it’s on, it’s on - Rock Solid.

More information to follow as are able to release it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are working on the BLAC system. What BLAC stands for will be released when our initial testing units are delivered to our input/development groups.

BOBRO produced a concept prototype BLAC, and conducted tests to determine the operational capabilities.

BOBRO has used a BLAC type system with one of our Deposition Crucible Plates (DCP) with outstanding results.

We are currently at the final stage of Phase 1.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for keeping us updated, I look forward to seeing them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed. The anticipation is killing me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I cant wait to see it. I could use a test unit to go along with the other items im testing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hwang View Post
    Prototypes should hit our doors within 2 weeks

Outstanding, I had thought we were much farther out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to seeing more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will it be as "FUGly" as some of these others out there?

ETA: Can't wait either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yee haw!

Just got the greenlight from the Patent Attorney-

You will be seeing it in the flesh within days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like some great news.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thaanks, for the update.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BLAC- BOBRO LEVER, AUTO COMPENSATION - PATENT PENDING

We wrote the desired features on the board in the prototype room (S-93) and designed a system to fulfill all the listed criteria.

1- Must be compatible with any 1913 Specification Rail, to include systems that are out of specification (within reason) and this includes Weaver rails.

2- Must be completely tool and user adjustable free. It needs to be 100% self contained and mate securely to any rail without the user having to tailor the pressure/engagement position.

3- Must lock with enough pressure to positively attach any device or optical instrument to a rail without movement, static or dynamic forces not withstanding.

4- The rail must not experience any deformation due to user error. This must include synthetic (plastic/polymer/composite) rail systems.

5- Auto Index capability. The device must also index parallel to the bore. The unit must always repeat the forward shift (recoil forces direction of influence) not only to maximize zero repeatability, but to take this step of installation out of the users initial mounting sequence. Index must be redundant.

6- Unit must not "shoot loose" due to improper mounting or a mechanical "bottoming out".

7- The system must incorprate a safety that prevents the lever from being accidentally opened. The safety must be able to be manipulated in conjunction with the lever rotation, so that only one hand is required to open it.

8- The unit will utilize constant force to ensure required pressure in all conditions. The force must be substantial to prevent any shift forward/aft left/right.

9- The pressure must be applied in a linear direction centered in the main body to prevent "cocking" of the mount.

10- It must be easy to manipulate by gloved or fatigued hands.

11- It must be extremely robust, and withstand shock and impact to the system housing.

12- There were others, but by listing them we would compromise our trade secrets.

We at BOBRO felt that the constant massive force was the secret to a truly non adjustable mount that would lock securely, and maintain zero. It would then be truly repeatable. It could not work/shoot loose.

We engineered a "Window" that would tolerate all 1913 Rails. The Weaver compatability was a bonus, after the Phase 1 Article was complete, we grabbed a Weaver rail just for laughs..........and it locked dead solid.

Once John and Stickman get their hands on it, and Stickman works his magic you will see the BLAC Lock.

We will then get feedback from our initial testers, and go from there.

Andrew Bobro- Owner, BOBRO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Assembly just gave me the thumbs up-

I am going spearfishing now.

My brain is friggen smoked.

Nobody call for 2 days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its hard for me to get ultra excited about mounts, but I have to say that I am more than a little impressed.

Here are a few teaser pictures, and I'll get more info and pictures up later.