Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I looked around a little and didn't really find an answer to this, maybe someone could point me in the right direction, but could I get an explanation or description as to the +/- of the BOBRO product vs. ADM and Larue? Seems like everyone's touting a return-to-zero throw lever mount and I haven't seen one side or another distinguish itself. Thank you.

Have you read the comments from Bobro in the first part of this thread? I thought there was some pretty good info there.

Lionheart Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Have you read the comments from Bobro in the first part of this thread? I thought there was some pretty good info there.
    I did, and the BOBRO product sounds like a terrific product, and as it is field tested in the real world over time I hope it meets all of BOBRO's required standards. Lot of good stuff there.

But I hear a lot of the same language regarding Larue products, as well as a LOT of field testing that seems to back up their arguments for return-to-zero, doesn't deform the rail system, easy QD capability, one handed operation, (essentially - IMO) tool-less installation, etc. The ADM product I'm not as sure about, since it is relatively new to the market and to me.

So, I guess the biggest thing I'm trying to discover and distinguish (between the brands) is which is the best solution for my needs, the most important of those needs being longevity, robustness, and consistancy in zero. All the other QD-toolless installation-won't hurt the rail even during operator installtion error-stuff is really a bonus to me. But I don't expect someone to drop the answers in my lap, I'll snoop around here and elsewhere and see if there are any good reviews/opinions out there. And great pics as always sir!
    Last edited by Lionheart; 13 February 2009 at 13:23. Reason: Clarity

Downloads
    Uploads
    Big difference between tool less installation, and tool less adjustment. Any QD mount should have tool free installation, tool free adjustment is another story, though how much of an issue that is may or may not be important to you. Along the same lines, do you care of the mount cams directly against the rail or upper?

Most of the QD mounts on the market will hold zero very well when removed and installed. They should as holding tolerances isn't quite the tasking it was 20 years ago.

Bobro is the only mount I'm aware of that self adjusts, negating any need for user input on rails that are +/-.

Overall most people won't QD their mounts enough to see any issues regardless of what they get.

Lionheart Guest
    You know, thats a good point that maybe I didn't fully understand until you said that. This point -

2- Must be completely tool and user adjustable free. It needs to be 100% self contained and mate securely to any rail without the user having to tailor the pressure/engagement position.

Am I right in assuming that this (BOBRO) is the only QD mount out there that can claim this feature? If true, then its worth its weight in gold is you run several guns, all with different upper recievers, rails, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    You know, thats a good point that maybe I didn't fully understand until you said that. This point -

2- Must be completely tool and user adjustable free. It needs to be 100% self contained and mate securely to any rail without the user having to tailor the pressure/engagement position.

Am I right in assuming that this (BOBRO) is the only QD mount out there that can claim this feature? If true, then its worth its weight in gold is you run several guns, all with different upper recievers, rails, etc.

I am unaware of any other mount that does this, and I think it does make it stand out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a pretty cool feature, but doubt I would use it much since I'll be popping the mount on and off the same rifle. No need to readjust for the same rail. Switching the mount to different guns doesn't make sense since you'll have to rezero every time.

Now if they came up with a way to make the mount adjust the zero with accurate precision so you can just have to readjust the mount to the known good zeroed #.. that would be cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, does anyone know when the rifle scope mounts will be available? I didn't read every page, so maybe it was already mentioned...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hwang View Post
    They aren't on the website as we only have a small shipment of 30MM & 1" rings. Once we get enough in, we'll put it up on the website. In the mean while, you can call in and order one.
    page 7
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its been a couple of months, anything new with this?
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    And another month and a half... hoping for more info on extended scope mounts. Also, would it be possible with the modular construction to assemble the mounts with the lever on the opposite side?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, would it be possible with the modular construction to assemble the mounts with the lever on the opposite side?
    Correct.

The lever can be place on either side. Furthermore, it can be configured to face forward or rearward on either side.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent

Downloads
    Uploads
    I spoke with Andrew and he's overwhelmed with military orders so most commercial production has come to a halt. I get small boxes of parts from time to time but not nearly enough on scope mounts or bipods. Sometimes that's the problem with making a superior piece of gear. Everybody wants it all at the same time. Ask Noveske....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Two questions:
    1. Will the Bobro mount work with the Aimpoint CompM4s?
    2. Any news on the T1 mount?
    Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Two questions:
    1. Will the Bobro mount work with the Aimpoint CompM4s?
    2. Any news on the T1 mount?
    Thanks.
    I am curious about the T1 mount as well.