Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Take the plunge. Even if it is out of stock, it is worth waiting for.

Here are mine:

Downloads
    Uploads
    They ran out pretty quick...I didnt move fast enough and looks like they sold out..Ill have to wait for the next batch...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am almost certain I am going to purchase one when they are back in stock...but, those that have experience with these, would you suggest the 12" or 11" version for a 16" barrel with midlength gas system?

Downloads
    Uploads
    welp the 12" is back in stock, so that made my decision easy....for those who want it, ya better hurry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry about the bump, but I just want to throw in my experience with this rail so far.

First off I am using a rifle very similar to the Rainier Arms 14.5" RUC which also features this rail.

The installation of this rail was mostly painless, i needed to remove the two screws and pry apart the gap to allow the rail to slide over the thermal bushings but other than that i had no issues with it and took less than 5 minuets to install fully.After installing the rail i placed an AFG2 near the front of the rifle and extending the stock all of the way i noticed that the rifle was very well balanced, the balance was in the center of the mag well. The rifle feels better in hand than one with a quad rail in my opinion due to the smooth sides and the weight savings. The rail does not move during firing or when i physically try to move it around by had removing any doubt i had in the mounting system (there was some worry). One thing i will say though is that you should put some blue Loctite on the screws to make sure it holds, after 200 rounds the rial loosened, not enough to just fall off but with some force could be manipulated. I solved this with some nail polish I stole from my girlfriend and it is holding well now.

Overall I very much like this rail and would recommend it especially at this price point.

Horrible & fuzzy picture of my rifle taken with my phone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just received my CE16 with this rail on board. Coming from DD rails this Rainier/Samson rail is certainly a departure in terms of feel. Fed-Ex dropped it off today so I have not shot it but from a few hours of fondling:

1. It's narrow profile allows a more positive purchase on the rifle compared the the DD 12" FSP.

2. Certainly feels lighter than the DD, but I haven't weighed them. ETA: Weighed a DDM4 upper with 12" FSP rail and the new CE16, 5oz difference between the 2 uppers with the DD being heavier.

3. It's thinner than I thought it would be. Where as the DD feels as if it would break before it bent, based on my ever-so-scientific "feel analysis", I wonder how this rail would respond under extreme impact or force.

4. This upper does not line up perfect with the rail. It's offset by a hair. May or may-not matter, but it's worth mentioning. This could be an issue of the torque application on the screws of the rail or another reason entirely.

I'll have more when I get a chance to shoot it.

While I wish Rainier would not use Fed-Ex, as every package I ever get from the white truck looks like it tossed out of the airplane when it flew over, Rainier's packaging of the upper was impressive. Perhaps they know about Fed-Ex. The box was chewed up pretty bad and I was fearful of what awaited me inside, but they packaged it better than my flat screen, mac computers and iphone ever were. Well done.
    Last edited by CMK12; 8 August 2012 at 19:08.

Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=CMK12;37231
    3. It's thinner than I thought it would be. Where as the DD feels as if it would break before it bent, based on my ever-so-scientific "feel analysis", I wonder how this rail would respond under extreme impact or force.
    [/QUOTE]

From what I learned in metals the T6 aluminum that the rail is made of can be bent to 3x its thickness without snapping, so in other words unless you bend the rail a substantial amount it will not break, only bend, and if the rail did in fact snap, the rifle i assume would be unsafe to fire because many other parts of the rifle are made of the same material.

So i don't think you have anything to worry about with this rail