Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Downloads
    Uploads
    who would be responsible for such a DDOS attack? I've never even heard of such a thing...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristian View Post
    who would be responsible for such a DDOS attack? I've never even heard of such a thing...
    DDoS attacks are a common tool of malicious hackers and script kiddies. Even big sites like ebay, Amazon, CNN, Dell have been victims.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lifebreath View Post
    This looks like a good site.
    We cater to a lot of the very same folks. You'll also find that a very similar mindset predominates here. If I had to identify specific differences, M4C tends primarily to serve as a vehicle for the interchange of ideas/discussion, whereas WeVo is designed with a more active bias toward industry news and reference materials (reviews, how-tos, etc.). In the end, we've found that all of these objectives tend to be pretty complimentary.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    DDoS attacks are a common tool of malicious hackers and script kiddies. Even big sites like ebay, Amazon, CNN, Dell have been victims.
    Thanks for the explanation. I just read the whole thread...it is sad that some people have such brittle egos that they can't take criticism and then have to resort to an attack of that sort. Anyway, I'm glad that this site exists and a good thing to come out of m4c having issues is that I got to check out this site. I didn't post often on m4c (I have the awful screen name of Son of Vlad Tepes on there), but it is great to see familiar people that are such great sources of information on m4c, here, on this site.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really wish they would get M4c squared away with whatever is causing the issues with the site. It is my go to site and I cant even view on my home computer. I have better luck on my phone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristian View Post
    I didn't post often on m4c (I have the awful screen name of Son of Vlad Tepes on there), but it is great to see familiar people that are such great sources of information on m4c, here, on this site.
    For the record, your user name can always be changed, if you prefer something else.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been getting the "504 Gateway Time-out" message on and off since Sunday night and am getting it now. Sometimes you get through to the forum itself, only to click on a subforum and still get the same message.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialized Armament View Post
    Actually kind of SAD that the most active thread on this forum, including a number of first posts, is about M4C...
    Sorry. I guess some of us were going through withdrawl over not having enough intelligent AR conversation. Hopefully we will become more active members here as time goes by.
    Last edited by Ed L.; 20 October 2011 at 11:10.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    I really wish they would get M4c squared away with whatever is causing the issues with the site. It is my go to site and I cant even view on my home computer. I have better luck on my phone.
    Nick, thanks for your help over on 10-8.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Between the inability to connect via iPhone or iPad, and M4C being blocked at work ("weapons" are filtered), I don't do M4C much anymore. Hackers win.

Since "weapons" is filtered at work, I have been surprised that WEVO isn't blocked. Must be a difference in header tags.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this thread has run its course. By now everyone knows what is going on over there.