Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    Can somebody with dual membership get a hold of a Mod at m4carbine.net for me and relay the following message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started randomly getting the following error message when trying to login to M4C:

Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

I have tried resetting my PW but no matter what I do, I keep getting this message. I've deleted my cookies, tried different computers, etc. My email is a0cake@gmail.com Please advise. Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i think its happening to alot of members, including myself, also getting emails stating that some one is trying to access my account and the ip address is not mine. The staff have not said any thing yet but im starting to think the site was attacked again. Im really starting to wonder how safe the members are on there with our personal info on there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same thing is happening to me. I can't log in at all because of it. Looks like someone may be using a script or something to try to crack people's passwords.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put simply, the DDOS attacks have not stopped since they originally began a month or more ago. What most members are experiencing is a result not of intrusions or harmful scripts, but of the IP filtering that is currently in place to thwart the attacks.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info AC. Is there anything I can do to get back on, or is this something that I just have to ride out and hope resolves itself?

Downloads
    Uploads
    AC,
    It has become completely useless to me and my browsing style. I browse there like I browse everywhere else, which is to say find topics I'm interested in, open topic in background tab, read first topic and move to next.

For whatever reason the site must perceive my opening of 5-15 tabs in background relatively quickly as a DDoS attack and prevents any tab from loading.

In other words, completely useless.

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads
    Funny how we get more info here on M4C then we do from M4C. I really wish they would do a better job letting members know what is going on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The most recent error I have received..."502 Bad Gateway nginx/1.0.0"

That cant be a good sign..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm unable to log in as well. Same messages and issues as everyone else is having....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I received the same "Wrong user name or password." message a few days ago and the email message with the unrecognized IP in it. I clicked the 'forgot password' link and had a temporary password sent to me and I was able to log in. I changed my password but then a day or so later I started getting the same error message again when I try to log in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Apparently my home IP is also suspect over at M4C as I am getting the same login messages or gateway errors.

On the other hand my cell phone still connects and I can log on. I refuse to surf the net on my cell phone however.

Oh, btw Hi, I'm Surf, the new kid.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It appears that some people are affected a lot more than others, iPad and iPhone users among them as well as others. It's a difficult spot for the admins at M4C to be in. I'm sure their current remedial measures are taken so as to serve the greatest number, but some of us have fallen by the wayside as they try to fight their way out of this attack.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Funny how we get more info here on M4C then we do from M4C. I really wish they would do a better job letting members know what is going on.
    Actually kind of SAD that the most active thread on this forum, including a number of first posts, is about M4C...
    Specialized Armament
    (480) 940-7397
    sales@specializedarmament.com
    Quality Never Quits!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialized Armament View Post
    Actually kind of SAD that the most active thread on this forum, including a number of first posts, is about M4C...
    Agreed.

It seems to me that the troubles over there provide the perfect opportunity to increase the discussions and traffic over here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Apparently my home IP is also suspect over at M4C as I am getting the same login messages or gateway errors.

On the other hand my cell phone still connects and I can log on. I refuse to surf the net on my cell phone however.

Oh, btw Hi, I'm Surf, the new kid.
    I'm getting the gateway error msg as well.
    Welcome Surf - I've read your stuff on M4C and youtube - thanks for your insight its been very helpful to me.

Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialized Armament View Post
    Hello, I'm Lifebreath and I'm a recovering m4carbine-netter ... First post here, and the access problems there have been really frustrating.

This looks like a good site.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius