Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We sell POF, Adams Arms, LMT & LWRCi. We used to carry PWS but no longer do. PWS initial's design led to many failures that I've encountered first hand and reports of failures from several customers. Their new design is supposed to be much better but I haven't had much personal experience with them as we don't readily stock them. Adams Arms is a great value but they are better known for kits rather than complete uppers but that is slowly starting to change. We see very little report of problems with these systems and customers are generally very satisfied with their purchase. POF offers many features for its high sticker price (lots of upgrades and features for the price point). We move a lot of POF uppers/rifles and haven't noticed any abnormal amount of product returns due to defect. I too have heard second hand about issues in class but once again, nothing first hand so I don't want to speculate. Even though I don't have a lot of trigger time behind an LMT, I am familiar with their company and I know they make high end gear and wouldn't hesitate to buy one. LWRCi is more expensive then the rest and we just started carrying their line so the verdict is still out.

One store owners perspective.

Downloads
    Uploads
    John -

Great insight, thank you. After doing a little research today I would have to say I'm between the AA and the LMT. I know you said that AA is a great "value" but any opinion on if the LMT is worth the price difference? I guess what I'm trying to say is...what would make you lean towards the LMT over the AA?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not an upper, but the Huldra Arms rifles (Adams Arms uppers with some modifications) are impressive. I haven't shot one, only handled a couple, but I just saw three of them run in a 2000 round carbine course without a hiccup. No cleaning, not sure if they lubed or not but I don't think so.

http://www.huldraarms.com/

If you're interested in a piston gun, I think these are worth a look.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Hmac I'll check them out as well. Definitely curious how they "tweaked" the AA upper for their setup. At this time I'm leaning towards just doing an upper but always like to know my options.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, so quick research and I'm surprised to see they are sold exclusively by Fleet Farm. I'm mean the specs are on par with the common "upper end" builds with melonititing, 1:7 barrel twists, etc etc but their price points are ridiculously low. The one thing that does intrigue me is that they melonited certain parts of the Adams Arms piston system for "increased durability."

Any reviews on these guys? WEVO has spoiled me to the extent that I normally stick to certain brands so color me skeptical. Sorry but as we've all heard, "buy once cry once."

Need to add this as I just found this on their website:
    "The Huldra Mark IV series of rifles is manufactured for us by Adams Arms, and the centerpiece of our rifle is Adams Arms proprietary piston system."

http://www.huldraarms.com/faq/

So why would AA compete with themselves and where are they cutting corners to allow the Huldra rifles to be sold at a reduced price?
    Last edited by BravoHotel; 6 October 2011 at 18:23. Reason: more info

Downloads
    Uploads
    What about the Barrett piston system? Anyone with info or experience with it?
    I saw it on a thread in another site, it seemed like a sound and non-complicated system.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoHotel View Post
    Thanks, Hmac I'll check them out as well. Definitely curious how they "tweaked" the AA upper for their setup. At this time I'm leaning towards just doing an upper but always like to know my options.
    I wish I could explain it to you, but I don't know all the details. I mean, they've been explained to me a couple of time over the last few months, but I don't think I was fully engaged. One of the guys I was shooting with in that Tricon course (that finished today) was Stewart Mills III (Mills family owns Mills Fleet Farm - highly respected around here). He's the one shooting a Huldra in the splash photos on their website. He initiated the whole Huldra project . I suspect that if you click "contact us", Stewart will be the one you end up corresponding with. In fact, I'll bet he'd be happy to talk with you on the phone.

My impression of the quality of the gun is formed by my (inexpert) observation of its construction, but more to the point that the other two guys shooting Huldras at this course over the last three days are a couple of highly respected LEOs (different local agencies) and well-known (around here) firearms instructors, one of whom was the sponsor of this Tricon course here. I know both of them and I give substantial credence to their opinions about firearms. One of them was top scorer at this 15 shooter course (only two shooters passed this course), and made Marksman.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting. May have to shoot them an email and see wha they say. I see they do offer two different uppers but not quite how I'd build it. I'd like something more like the Sampson handguard on it. May have to inquire about that but then at that point you're getting close to the AA uppers offered by Rainier.

Decisions decisions.

PM sent your way about the Tricon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Appears Chris Costa is a fan of the LWRCi piston gun. Is that supposed to tempt me to spend more?

Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW, I own 4 LWRCI uppers (8.5" PSD, 10.5" M6A1, 12.7" M6A3 and a 14.7 w/PA FH M6A2) and 1 complete rifle (a 16" M6-SL). I have no problem trusting my life to these rifles and pretty much shoot them exclusively. My oldest LWRC product is the 10.5" M6A1 that I have run more than 14,000 rounds through over the years and it's still going and just as accurate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Having used both the POF and LWRCi, my personal experience, POF was sent back to factory after running approximately 500 rds, BCG and piston issues, this was a first generation build by POF. The LWRCi was a conversion unit, originally a LMT DI upper. The LWRCi ran well with approximately 1k rds through it. If I were to pick one piston upper between just those two, I like the LWRCi, the piston system seemed more accomodating for other brand rails, whereas POF is BIG.
    I sold off the uppers to other users who since reported no major issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Carlos & Tac40 -

Thanks for your input gents. Although the price of the LWRCi induces a flinch I'm definitely considering it. At this point I guess I need to do enough research to try and justify the price difference between the AA upper with the smooth Samson handgaurd which I like and and LWRCi offerings.

Would like to hear from anyone that may have shot both piston systems at some point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoHotel View Post
    Okay, so quick research and I'm surprised to see they are sold exclusively by Fleet Farm. I'm mean the specs are on par with the common "upper end" builds with melonititing, 1:7 barrel twists, etc etc but their price points are ridiculously low. The one thing that does intrigue me is that they melonited certain parts of the Adams Arms piston system for "increased durability."

Any reviews on these guys? WEVO has spoiled me to the extent that I normally stick to certain brands so color me skeptical. Sorry but as we've all heard, "buy once cry once."

Need to add this as I just found this on their website:
    "The Huldra Mark IV series of rifles is manufactured for us by Adams Arms, and the centerpiece of our rifle is Adams Arms proprietary piston system."

http://www.huldraarms.com/faq/

So why would AA compete with themselves and where are they cutting corners to allow the Huldra rifles to be sold at a reduced price?

From what I understand, AA isn't cutting any corners for Hudra. Actually, it's the exact same upper but with Hudra's name engraved on it. Since it's an OEM project, Hudra does not have to comply with AA pricing guidelines.

What ever choice you choose, let us know if we can help. We'll be glad to beat prices for you too. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Appreciate it John. Your company has always been stellar.

P.s. looking forward to trying the RMC I ordered.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i picked up an AA upper from Rainier Arms. i only have about 2 k down the pipe., not much by some standards. no problems. i also picked up an AA kit and built a 7.62x39 ar. the only difference is i have some
    wear in the upper where the cam pin rotates in the kit build. i am not the only one who has had this problem. on the AA forum, someone else has this problem too, but no response from AA. the 7.62, i really enjoy shooting,
    the 556, i think i like the DI's better.
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville