Downloads
    Uploads

Upcoming new Trijicon sight

The Trijicon SRS reviewed by Gearscout.

It looks very interesting.

It's not going to be available until next year at least, as I understand it, but I think this could be a great optic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wish the guy that wrote the article would have put the price in the first paragraph so I wouldn't have to read the whole article. LOL. I would have stopped reading the second I saw the price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I commented on Robs article, and I'll mention it here as well. I think the market in general would be much more interested if there were a cheaper version which didn't have the solar panels. They aren't going to replace the Aimpoint for Military use, and the civilian market will use Aimpoints over a $1,000 solar unit that doesn't have the battery life of the Aimpoint Comp M4.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps by the time it hits the market there will be a federal subsidy for the solar panel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I commented on Robs article, and I'll mention it here as well. I think the market in general would be much more interested if there were a cheaper version which didn't have the solar panels. They aren't going to replace the Aimpoint for Military use, and the civilian market will use Aimpoints over a $1,000 solar unit that doesn't have the battery life of the Aimpoint Comp M4.
    Exactly. The solar panels do have the "gee wiz, that's cool" thing going, but with the advancements in battery life, I don't see a need for most applications and it just adds to the cost.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really really want to like the SRS. I like that it's shorter than the M4, I like the attempt at using an alternate power source, and I like Trijicon....but....

It comes in heavier than the M4, and I don't know if it will do anything significantly better. Without having one in hand, I just don't know. If the dot is crisper, if the window looks amazingly better, if the battery works fantastically in conjunction with solar, that's great.

But like I've seen others say, the solar panel makes a lot of sense for something that is going to be carried and used outside a lot during the day (a la in a combat zone). But your average civvy carbine owner, and biggest market share since the military isn't looking for something new, is going to be using it indoors at night. I think that puts a damper on things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a response to the mod to the Eothingies that put a solar panel on top of the hood. Neat idea, but is it worth the cost?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish they had just worked on the battery life of the current Tri-Power design, left the chevron reticle alone, and added a green reticle option.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 7 November 2011 at 20:45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seen at the MILIPOL 2011 show. The optics of 38mm allows an early engagement of the target without losing the perception of the situation around the shooter. LED technology, the dot is of excellent quality and does not obstruct the field angle of the shooter

I like it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !

Downloads
    Uploads
    neat little package.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by STARIK View Post
    Seen at the MILIPOL 2011 show. The optics of 38mm allows an early engagement of the target without losing the perception of the situation around the shooter. LED technology, the dot is of excellent quality and does not obstruct the field angle of the shooter

I like it.

Interesting, is it available in the US, or is it a Euro item?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Coming soon to US but there is a French retailer to import to Europe.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Upcoming new Trijicon sight

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Interesting, is it available in the US, or is it a Euro item?
    Surprise you don't already have it in your hands for photo shoots.

I'm holding off my opinion until I see it. 3 year battery life is fine for me. Size, quality of red dot, glass, and durability is what I'm wondering about.