Thread: Ammo Pouches

Downloads
    Uploads

Ammo Pouches

Looking for some AR and pistol pouches and want something that will work in hard use. All need to be Molle compatible

AR = looking at singles for a war belt.
    And maybe doubles for a chest rig.

Pistol - singles....

Other option would be ar/pistol stacked together.

I know doubles may be a issue with the war belt option when going prone but not as much for the chest rig.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have gone to HSGI's website 3 times... put stuff in the cart and have not pulled the trigger on some taco's.

Are there other options.... I am sure there are ..... (Topher you can't reply you are gonna be too biased)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pull the trigger...
    Hatter

Took a little hiatus... good to be back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like ITW Fastmags for the AR, but they don't work well IME on MOLLE chest rigs. I do use them on my belt and I think they work great in that application. They all accept MOLLE components on the front, so you could stack a couple pistol mags on there.

On my chest rig, I use EMDOM IAP's, and have been pleased with them after cutting off the elastic tension bands. If I were to do it over, I'd probably go with either Eagle FBs or Tacos on the chest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a fan of the Taco's because they allow for the use of more than just one type of mag. I especially like this feature on the pistol Taco's since I switch between Glock 40, 45, and 1911s. I use the Fastmags too, and I like 'em, BUT...

I'm with Hatter...pull the trigger on the Tacos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use Tacos for rifle and tac tailor magnas for pistol, and it's worked great so far. I've been considering switching to pistol tacos to replace the magnas, though.

Pull the trigger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't buy shit from HSGI...
    But I'm Biased..

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com
    topher@tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok got some answers.... guess what I am gonna do.... PULL the trigger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me save you some grief - pull the trigger I dont have any HSGI stuff right now but right now I am on their website doing the same thing. Im in the same boat at Triplebravo where I switch magazine types. Their stuff is bulletproof and definitely expandable to whatever you need..just do it...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker071 View Post
    ok got some answers.... guess what I am gonna do.... PULL the trigger
    Great! Let us know what ya think once you get some time with them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got the pouches from HSGI and when I opened the box had a little problem. One of the pouches didn't have the malice clips in it. Wait for it.... No I am not whining ... or flaming HSGI because I can't. Called HSGI, talked with Jen and she is sending out 2 clips today .... fixed . I have always said it not what a company does when there isn't problems... it what they do when one occurs and how they deal with the situation... so far A+. I have found I am one of the people that had difficulty getting the clips to work through the pouches. First one took a while ... second was easier.... guess its a learned skill with these. The reason I think the clips get hung up is the way the pouches are set up. The strength of the modularity of the bungee cords hang up the clips. No way to fix it because it would kill the taco design. For me it is worth wrestling with them a bit and firing off a occasional "Office Word" for the end result. I find myself looking over HSGI's website for more of there offerings.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got the pouches from HSGI and when I opened the box had a little problem. One of the pouches didn't have the malice clips in it. Wait for it.... No I am not whining ... or flaming HSGI because I can't. Called HSGI, talked with Jen and she is sending out 2 clips today .... fixed . I have always said it not what a company does when there isn't problems... it what they do when one occurs and how they deal with the situation... so far A+. I have found I am one of the people that had difficulty getting the clips to work through the pouches. First one took a while ... second was easier.... guess its a learned skill with these. The reason I think the clips get hung up is the way the pouches are set up. The strength of the modularity of the bungee cords hang up the clips. No way to fix it because it would kill the taco design. For me it is worth wrestling with them a bit and firing off a occasional "Office Word" for the end result. I find myself looking over HSGI's website for more of there offerings.
    Its all about customer service..

You could take an $800 pair of biopsy forceps and dremel the ends.
    Makes threading Malice clips SOOOOOO easy.. lol

CXS
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com
    topher@tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually have my own method.... back end of a spoon... and a letter opener.... won't get into details but it works....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually have my own method.... back end of a spoon... and a letter opener.... won't get into details but it works....

You do biopsies on the side?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No.... but I learned a lot about spoons when I was in the Intelligence business.... Won't get into details about that either....

Downloads
    Uploads
    geeesh to stir my coffee....