Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

NEW Trijicon ACOG

Seen at the 2011 MILIPOL show

Trijicon ACOG's prototype using one AA battery instead of tritium to illuminate the reticle. It uses the BDC of TA01NSN. It is likely that his appointment is ultimately TA02 NSN ....

Technical data.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting. I like that the illumination is no longer tritium dependent (and not as expensive to replace when the reticle goes dim).

I don't like that MRD mounted so far forward though. I have an older style ACOG/DOC and I like snapping my gun up and having the dot right in front of my eyes. YMMV, of course.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wish they'd come out with a non-caliber specific reticle already.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any price?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tac40 View Post
    Any price?
    Probably $15k. LOL. Just kiddin, but it will probably be close to $2k with the RMR on top.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, it's a magnified Aimpoint, at probably 120% the price of an Aimpoint + Magnifier.... and you have to change the position of your head to get non-magnified? And, you lose the Tritium and fiber-optics, which is pretty much the only thing that sets Trijicon apart?

..... Sounds like the worst idea since sliced soup, but that's just me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Acog will replace the tritium for free last I checked. I think that is part of the warranty... I am also looking into an Acog as my main sight option now that they have the small quick aquisition red dot on top. so what do you think? how do you like it?
    2 is 1....1 is 0....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have always hated the small RMR style sights on top of Trijicon's optics. Would much rather have it on a offset mount. You're right Rugger, the tritium is good for about 10 years and is covered under warranty when it does go out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a TA31ECOS which has the RMR on top of 4x sight and it bugs enough that I'm considering pulling the RMR off and mounting it to another weapon, maybe my M&P 9 VTAC.
    Separately they are both top notch sights but the red dot sits too high for my tastes.

I often consider selling it for a EoTech w/ magnifier combo.

As far as the Tritium going bad, I've never owned one long enough to confirm it but I would much rather have Tritium than be dependent on a battery, even if it means sending it back to Trijicon (just down the street) for a repair.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrugger2012 View Post
    Acog will replace the tritium for free last I checked. I think that is part of the warranty... I am also looking into an Acog as my main sight option now that they have the small quick aquisition red dot on top. so what do you think? how do you like it?
    What are you using your AR for? After trying just about every optic out there, I've come to the conclusion that the best thing to have is multiple optics on QD Mounts. I've tried the ACOG and Red Dot on top and I didn't like it. I also tried the EOTech and Aimpoint with 3xMagnifier and that was actually OK, but heavy. My favorite ACOG is the TA33 because it is small, light, great eye relief, and affordable. If you want something for short range tactical shooting, nothing beats an Aimpoint or EOTech.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Trijicon warranty is only for the original purchaser, not the product itself. That being said, they did replace a bad elevator knob on my TSN I got used for free.

The TSN with larue offset T1 is the best combo on an all around AR IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got one of these sitting in front of me....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tease! Still, I don't get it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I've got one of these sitting in front of me....
    What do you think of it? I'm an ACOG lover personally. One of the best parts I think is the ability to use a regular acog (TA31) without a battery. I carry way too many batteries as it is. It took me a while to fall in love with the ACOG. I first ran an Eotech, then added a magnifier. Then I ran a T-1 with a magnifier (now my second favorite setup). I love that for sort to medium range. Where the ACOG really started to prove its worth to me was using the reticle to adjust fires from Rotary wing and Mortars. I stopped carrying my small reticled Binos and just use the ACOG. Close range shooting really takes some getting used to but the addition of the RMR changed that. I just put it on a cant mount at the 1-2 O'clock just forward of the ejection port.

SOS