Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for bump, but maybe someone will be interested in
    I made an AR specifically to use a 4X32 ACOG I found a TA01 on ebay (NIB) for $950. It is 'plain Jane' but that's all I wanted. These scopes are combat-tough and offer a large, clear field of view. Mine has the small 'cross' reticle with range lines beneath and the center + glows in the dark. I've never had any problem with the close eye relief, and I can't see how it could be a problem. You just mount the scope back far enough so its comfortable. I use no back-up sighting system with it. The reticle is black in daylight so no illumination failure can put me out of action. If a lens were damaged, I could use the emergency sights on top that I also sighted-in if necessary.
    The AR is an Aero precision lower with an ALG-ACT trigger set and an M16A1 stock, buffer and spring. The upper is a CMMG 16 medium-contour, mid-length gas, chrome-lined, 1:7 barrel. Flat top upper, MOE middy hand guard and M16 bolt carrier group. I shaved the front sight https://thetacticalscopes.com/best-a...upport-optics/ base to make for a clearer sight picture and reduce front weight. The plan was to shoot 75 or 77 grain only, and with PRVI 75gr OTM I can shoot 1.25"/100. I just wanted a rugged, scoped AR for the heavy loads and it works great. For 200 yds out to 500 yds you just hold on the appropriate range line below the center cross.
    Name:  chopped_zps76055b49.jpg
Views: 1798
Size:  69.2 KB
    Last edited by Belanc; 24 June 2018 at 01:31.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Belanc View Post
    Sorry for bump, but maybe someone will be interested in
    I made an AR specifically to use a 4X32 ACOG I found a TA01 on ebay (NIB) for $950. It is 'plain Jane' but that's all I wanted. These scopes are combat-tough and offer a large, clear field of view. Mine has the small 'cross' reticle with range lines beneath and the center + glows in the dark. I've never had any problem with the close eye relief, and I can't see how it could be a problem. You just mount the scope back far enough so its comfortable. I use no back-up sighting system with it. The reticle is black in daylight so no illumination failure can put me out of action. If a lens were damaged, I could use the emergency sights on top that I also sighted-in if necessary.
    The AR is an Aero precision lower with an ALG-ACT trigger set and an M16A1 stock, buffer and spring. The upper is a CMMG 16 medium-contour, mid-length gas, chrome-lined, 1:7 barrel. Flat top upper, MOE middy hand guard and M16 bolt carrier group. I shaved the front sight base to make for a clearer sight picture and reduce front weight. The plan was to shoot 75 or 77 grain only, and with PRVI 75gr OTM I can shoot 1.25"/100. I just wanted a rugged, scoped AR for the heavy loads and it works great. For 200 yds out to 500 yds you just hold on the appropriate range line below the center cross.
    Name:  chopped_zps76055b49.jpg
Views: 1798
Size:  69.2 KB
    Is this post about your blog you linked to? Kind of having a tough time wondering how this post related to the original topic. You're more than welcome to start a new thread about your custom build.