Downloads
    Uploads

Timney Triggers Visit

Hey guys I had an interesting visit over to the good folks at Timney Triggers located here in Phoenix, Arizona. I have been both a Timney trigger user and dealer for quite sometime and decided it was about time to pay them a visit. Upon coming into the facility I was greeted by a very pretty receptionist and a very friendly gentleman who is so laid back he was working in his bare feet and unless you looked at his business card you would never guess that John owned the company.

I was there to discuss AR triggers and using the Timney AR-15 trigger with both commercial .223 and military 5.56 ammunition. The Timney trigger is designed for .223 ammunition but with a very simple spring change it will work with both types. I was able to observe the assembly of the AR trigger from the ground up.
    Before the visit I thought the triggers were assembled very simply and shipped out. I couldn't have been more wrong. The assembly process is very precise with measurements taken through out the assembly process and quite a lot goes into making the trigger work "just right". The Timney AR trigger besides being very smooth and crisp is very durable and a lot of research has went into it to make it that way. They have went through several updates to the trigger to get it where it is and I have enough confidence in it that it is in my personal weapons.

I was given a full tour of the Timney factory. Timney manufactures everything for their triggers from the ground up with the use of state of the art machinery. The tolerances that each part is held to is nothing short of incredible and nothing is lacking in the "attention to detail dept". Timney has some progressive items in development as we speak that should make quite a few of us smile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I visited Timney I had them do a semi custom job on my trigger. I like the curved skeleton trigger so I kept that and had them install the AR-10 springs into the unit.
    The reason is there have been reports of light primer strikes on milsspec 5.56 ammunition with the harder primers.
    I also had them up the trigger pull to 4.5lbs for a litle bit of a stiffer trigger.
    I have run as a test of as many types of 5.56 that I could get my hands on to test the triggers reliability including
    Radway Green
    BVAC
    HSM
    Lake City
    S&B
    Privy
    Black Hills
    Winchester Q3131
    Igman

I ran a minimum of 20 rounds of each type and some quite abit more and had zero issues with the trigger. In all I have ran over 1000 rounds of 5.56 without a light primer strike and have a total of around 3000 rounds on this trigger overall without a single issue.