Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT 2012

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I have something very cool sitting next to me as I type this. I think I'll be releasing it on the Army Times/ Gear Scout site on Monday. I'll cross post here as well.

Military Times/ Gear Scout will be starting SHOT coverage on Monday, we've actually got enough in the way of new items to start now, but that would be a bit like cheating.....
    Feel free to cheat a little bit, nobody here will complain!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’d like to see if anyone is going to address the magazine shortage for the Scar 17s. I’m keeping my fingers crossed Magpul will have something for me. Also if you run across any other new items for the Scar I'd be very interested.

Thanks,
    RMH

Downloads
    Uploads
    There has been some talk about a new Federal Shotgun cartridge. Doc Roberts was involved with it and gave it a thumbs up. I think someone mentioned that it was going to be released at SHOT...

" Based on IWBA data, Don Hacklander from San Diego Police Supply and I have been discussing the potential of a properly designed #1 buckshot LE load for many years--with Don's help and the efforts of some folks at ATK, this has now finally been brought to fruition!

We shot the new Federal #1 buckshot, 15 pellet, 1100 fps "Flight Control" load (LE132-1B) yesterday out of a generic 18" 870P, including patterning from 5-35 yards, as well as a bare gel shot at 7 yards. In bare gel, all 15 of the 30 caliber plated pellets penetrated in the 14-18 inch range.

This new Federal LE132-1B #1 buckshot load offers IDEAL terminal performance for LE and self-defense use and is the best option for those who need to use shot shells for such purposes." - Doc

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would kinda like to see some info on the new Geissele triggers if they have them there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by superr.stu View Post
    I would kinda like to see some info on the new Geissele triggers if they have them there.
    I'll be looking for these too. There booth is always very popular.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im curious to see what Centurion Arms and Noveske have in store for SHOT. Swing by them if you can... Vltor too! Im also curious to see if theyve developed anything new for 2012.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So... Charles Daly is back and are planning on getting the Tavor to market by the end of the year? More on this would be great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    So... Charles Daly is back and are planning on getting the Tavor to market by the end of the year? More on this would be great.
    Hmmm..That would be interesting! And so would the cost!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that Magpul has already been stated, but some good pics and general impression of the new rifle stock I just got emailed about would be greatly appreciated. This thing may be just what I need.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I get the feeling that Geissele is going to have at least a new single-stage esque trigger in addition to the rail system, probably something else similar to the SD-E as well.

So far the pictures emerging show a pretty decent showing - good stuff from LDI, MagPul, and others.

What's impressed me so far has been the quality and success of the various joint ventures - S&W making great looking rifles in coordination with both MagPul, and the Kyle Lamb VTAC stuff; the RB1 sights from 10-8 Performance (a bit old), and the upcoming Centurion RB1 Carbine(s); and I can't wait to see the first piece of gear from FirstSpear using their 6/12 system paired up with some Helium Whisper family gear from BFG (ultra thin and light, easier and cheaper to manufacture).
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    More info on and impressions of the Triji SRS would be great, too!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any word on the FAL front? New products and add ons?
    Place your clothes and weapons where you can reach them in the dark. - R. Heinlein
    Always stand on principle, even if you stand alone. - John Quincy Adams
    Fortis cadere, cedere non potest - A brave man may fail, but he cannot yield.

My Blog

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a weird request, but if you see any diversion safes for storing/hiding firearms, I would be interested in seeing what is out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd appreciate it if you could report (or grab a picture) if Walther is doing different versions of the PPQ. I've seen the standard and and the First Edition, but I am curious if they're going to replicate the variety they had with the P99 pistols.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be interested in seeing what is a the Fabrique Nationale booth. Also if Elcan is updating the SpecterDR, new mounts or at least upgrading to the adjustable version of the AMRS mounts.

Thanks,
    RMH