Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: SHOT 2012

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7one View Post
    Nothing new in the M&P line, however, there are some new sporting AR15 models. I don't have all of the info with me right now, but I will have some pictures and specs that I will get up in the next day or two.
    Yup... last year we got the Governor, and this year they tossed out two midlength ARs. Yet the Croatians and Sig both came out with shiny new single-stack handguns that'll be available in 9mm...

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you asked a question and I did not personally get to it, I appologize. Though we had 4 days there, time seemed to fly by and I tried my best to cover what I could. We estimated that we walked around 20+ miles over the 4 days and loved every minute of it. I wish that I could have uploaded pictures and video during the show, but that was not in the cards for this year. I am going to try to get as much as I can done tomorrow morning and try to post it later in the day. I got some good video interviews in from Battle Comp, Colt, Daniel Defense, Samson, Apex Machine, AAC, and more.
    Zero7one - Thank you for everything you've done so far! WIsh I could have been there!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by neo9710 View Post
    Zero7one - Thank you for everything you've done so far! WIsh I could have been there!
    You are very welcome. I have around 300 pictures and a lot of video that I have to sort through when I can get the chance...hopefully it will be up by next week.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I completely forgot...Anything from Bravo Company?!
    BattleComp had a cool Bravo Company rifle on display. I failed to get a photo of it. Hopefully tac40 will post a shot and talk a little more about what makes it kinda special.
    Last edited by TripleBravo; 22 January 2012 at 20:36.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 15ICAM View Post
    I'd like to see the new KAC offerings, especially the more affordable versions of the SR-25s coming out
    KAC was the only booth that refused to let me take photos even with a Press pass. I have strong personal opinions about this company and they just got worse this year. Perhaps somebody else will post something, but I will not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info on the KAC SR-25 and definatly some food for thought on their high browness

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by triplebravo View Post
    KAC was the only booth that refused to let me take photos even with a Press pass. I have strong personal opinions about this company and they just got worse this year. Perhaps somebody else will post something, but I will not.
    Yup. Same issue last year. I was rudely told that I could be an airsofter from China trying to copy their stuff. Okay...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got the same treatment from KAC and was pretty much blown off. After explaining that I was trying to find out some information about a specific rifle (SR-25 Enhanced Rifle), they reluctantly allowed me to take a picture of it while they hovered over me. I too was nearly accused of being a Chineese Airsoft Spy as they pointed to an International Arms Treaty warning sign. I took the picture of the SR-25 and left the booth with no intention of covering anything else that they had.
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Yup. Same issue last year. I was rudely told that I could be an airsofter from China trying to copy their stuff. Okay...
    I got the same treatment from KAC and was pretty much blown off. After explaining that I was trying to find out some information about a specific rifle (SR-25 Enhanced Rifle), they reluctantly allowed me to take a picture of it while they hovered over me. I too was nearly accused of being a Chineese Airsoft Spy as they pointed to an International Arms Treaty warning sign. I took the picture of the SR-25 and left the booth with no intention of covering anything else that they had.
    Really...Hmm..Good way to promote your products and GREAT media relations....NOT.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Really...Hmm..Good way to promote your products and GREAT media relations....NOT.
    I recall them doing the same last year. I wonder if they hang out with the GunsAmerica guys too much...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man, I feel kinda bad for the grief my curiosity seems to have stirred, I think its funny how KAC touted their new SR-25 series as affordable but they are still north of $4k. I was hoping they'd be down around $2500 but in retrospect I believe that was an overly optimistic wish on my part

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those of you who are upset about not being able to take any pics in the KAC booth, did you notice the polished black display above the firearms that clearly explained why pics were not allowed?

The reason they do not allow pics is because they actually read up on the ITAR restrictions, and realized that even the mere picture of a complete firearm (or other ITAR restricted product) can be considered intellectual property, and therefore fall under ITAR restrictions. In layman's terms: if KAC (or anyone else for that matter) manufactures a product that is ITAR restricted, and the manufacturer is not registered with the DDTC or has an export permit, even an image posted on an internet forum could be considered unlawful export of ITAR restricted product. Has anyone ever been prosecuted for sharing images of restricted items? Yes; and when that happens the person is most often called a spy.

A tad extreme you say? Well, it is federal law, so why take the chance?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The simple answer is that while your intent wasn't to provide information to chinese knockoff firms, good pictures are enough for them to use. Through no fault of theirs or yours KAC can appear to be in ITAR violation, hence a policy that in practical terms, isn't fun.
    S/F
    "There is no greater calling than to defend the life of a fellow Marine" - LtCol McClane, USMC

Downloads
    Uploads
    NSSF tightly controls the issuance of Press passes to SHOT show. NSSF rules dictate that only identified members of the Press may photograph anything at the show. I am always pleased to see non-Press attendees prohibited from taking photos or video by security or the personnel manning the booths. However, I was issued a Press pass from the NSSF in order to report on the show for this website.

KAC prevented me from reporting on the products they had on display. Therefore, I will not report on the products they had on display.

I will also mention that KAC’s enforcement of their policy was selective. I know that another member of the Internet Press was allowed to video the KAC booth and conduct interviews.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pictures from the show are nearly done...should have them up by tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. I will be working and posting the video in the days to come. Thanks for your patience.