Downloads
    Uploads

Review: OA-15 M5, AR made in Germany

Hi, i want to show you my OA-15 M5. I use it for IPSC/Multigun.

Its a midlenght AR with a 16 3/4" barrel with a 1-8" twist and it has a M14x1 thread.
    Produced by german company Oberland Arms.

Here is a "out of the box" pic of it.

In this version it costs 1490€ and is the cheapest AR you can get in austria.(more about the special features of the austrian version later)
    Its the "Black Label" model which is cheaper then the basic(around 2000€), because its assembled with premanufactured parts.

First i installed a RRA Half Quad Rail on it and used it for about 6 months but it was too heavy so i decided to get a new handguard.
    I picked the Samson Evolution because i wanted a light free float handguard with not too much rails on it.
    Because i really like the Dissipator look i bought a rifle length handguard.

Also i installed a hogue grip(will change it for a MIAD) a CTR,ASAP and the RSA.
    The comp is a "OA-Kompensator",its ok but i would prefer a other one...but you cant find much AR comps with a M14x1 thread
    And i use a Gear Sector Handstop.
    The trigger is the original one, but i put the JP reduced springs in it also i polished it a little bit.
    The scope is a Konus M30 1-4x in a Burris PEPR mount and a attached Cattail.
    Its hard to find AR stuff in europe and when you find the good stuff they are overpriced. For example the cheapest CTR you can get here cost 120€.
    And because of ITAR most of the US dealers wont send stuff international.

Here some pics of the G-Mags...P-Mags produced by Oberland Arms

Of course they are compatible with all the P-Mag accessoires

from left to right: Troy Batttlemag, canadian Diemaco Mag, 20rnd G-Mag,30rnd G-Mag, USGI Mag

lets come to the special features of the austrian version.

Translation: released by BMI(Federal Ministry of Interior) for sale in Austria

"In Austria, semi-automatic centerfire rifles have to be classified as sporting or hunting firearms in order to obtain civilian-legal status. After this classification, they are considered "category B" firearms, which means that holders of gun licenses may own them. These licenses are shall-issue items if the applicant specifies a valid reason (self-defense at home for example is considered valid by law in any case), passes a psychological test and attends a gun-basics course. Currently, only one centerfire AR-15 version, produced by German manufacturer "Oberland Arms" was given the B-classification. This Austrian version differs slightly from the original design in order to ensure that no military full-auto trigger, bolt and barrel may be installed. Additionally, bayonet lugs and flash hiders are prohibited on semi-automatic rifles while Muzzle brakes and compensators are legal. There is no minimum length for barrels, therefore even barrel lengths as short as 7.5" are possible."
    copied from Wikipedia

Here are pics of the austrian bolt and barrel extension

Also the upper may not have a sear cut and you are not allowed to put a flashlight on a rifle.

But at least we are allowed to own High-Cap Magazines
    Its not a original Beta C-Mag(they cost about 400€), its a well working fake(~120€)

Hope you like my review and feel free to ask questions if you got some.

Schöne Grüsse, Daniel

Downloads
    Uploads