Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

VTAC/ Noveske Combat Carbine

In my Noveske N4 carbine review, I commented that the N-4 Light Carbine was the new contender in the realm of serious carbines. That was back in June of 2007, and the past nine months have shown it to be true. Talking to trainers and asking which carbines hold up in classes brings forth the usual list of names, with the Noveske in the first name or two thrown out.

I was talking to Chris Costa, who I consider a reliable and credible source of information. I asked him what he observed through out his training classes, and what he would use as an off the shelf AR15 carbine for duty use. Chris commented that several manufacturers carbines would run through a couple days of heavy firing. The big difference became apparent when suppressors were brought into use. Based off of this, multiple weapons and weapon platforms observed over his MIL and DOD time, as well as other training and experience, it speaks well of the Noveske N4 carbine that it is the first AR15 that Chris brought up.

Chris is the Director of Training for Magpuls Training Division. I appreciate the assistance that Chris and Magpul has given to me over the past years and this article. Contact info for them can be found at the end of this thread.

I think its worth mentioning the above as the VTAC/ Noveske Carbine is a variant of the highly capable Noveske N4. However, its a variant based off the input of Retired SGM Kyle E. Lamb, the founder of Viking Tactics.

Retired SGM Kyle E. Lamb is probably best known for his 21 years of service in US Army, with 17 years in Special Operations. His real world experience provides a solid platform for understanding what works, and what needs improvement. Contact info for Viking Tactics can be found at the end of this thread.

Enough about the lead up to the weapon, lets get into the carbine itself.
    Last edited by Stickman; 26 March 2008 at 09:52.