Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

2012 Mossberg-Zombie Lever Action?

OK...I may catch crap for this, but I just don't get the whole zombie thing. To me and others of you that read this forum, firearms are tools not toys. Zombies aren't coming. When I hear all the zombie talk, I cringe because I feel it moves into the guns are toys realm and away from the serious real world business they're designed to handle.

With my personal opinion on this in mind, you might understand why I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw this new lever action rifle at the Mossberg booth. A lever action with a railed fore-end and a telescoping AR styled buttstock topped with a zombie marked up Leupold scope....really?

(Don't ask me about this rifle, because I had no desire to ask any questions or get any specs.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just threw up

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL. For the longest time, I thought it was just an Internet joke when guys talked about zombies. Boy was I wrong. Some of these guys are DEAD serious. (pun intended). LOL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While I agree with you on the ridiculousness of the zombie theme, if you step back and look at it from a buisness plan its genius. There is money to be made in stupid ideas like this. Our youth isn't brought up outside hunting and learning about guns, they are playing video games with unrealistic scenarios and gear. Almost reminds me of all the "tacticool" gear that was and is bought up by the keyboard commandos.

When I look at this gun I see a great chance for a brush gun. Remove the stock for a one of your choice, replace the optic with desired optic of choice and figure out a way to utilize the rails for a practical purpose. It might be a small good choice for some people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm...

At first, I thought that all this talk about zombies was just a way to deflect all the issues that have arisen with gun ownership. I also never paid much attention to it (I have better things to do). But Hornady came out with the "Zombie Max" ammunition and that hit me like a brick. "REALLY?! ZOMBIE AMMO?" Got to give it to the marketing guys though...But I would like to know what their sales figures are for the Zombie stuff. The-S has a point - its designed to hit a specific genre. Is that thing REALLY going to come up for sale as-is or is it something they just put together for the SHOT show to get attention?

TripleBravo - If the Zombie sticker wasn't on the Leupold, what would be your impressions of the rifle?

BUT - Let me first put this out there..I am in TOTAL agreement with you on this. Ill admit, I like a good Zombie movie here and then but thats where it ends...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tend to use the word "Zombies" as a broad generalization for all things catastrophic. Break down of society, another Katrina, a solar CME, foreign invasion, all things no matter how unlikely that would result in an extended living situation under immanent threat from other people. For me, all these things get rolled up into a ball and labeled as "When the zombies get here." Also can help get on topic about these things with people who would otherwise consider these topics to be a faux pas. Mention the break down of society and people stiffen up, mention zombies and it's an in vogue scenario.

As for the lever action.... just add a PEQ, an M203, a light, and a worn out cowboy hat and you've got the ultimate zombie clown survival implement.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo_Santos View Post
    Alright, you guys leave me no choice.

LOL! Thats going on a couple of lockers next weeek...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you suppose he's running a SSA (sauce selection accessory) to compliment his tactical chicken nugget dispenser?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Do you suppose he's running a SSA (sauce selection accessory) to compliment his tactical chicken nugget dispenser?
    Without a doubt. LOL. I think 3B is going to ban us all for this. LOL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys have seen this video...?

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...&v=q362H-xg0ZA

Downloads
    Uploads
    That video was good. Funny that he had to post that it was a joke and guys are still commenting. LOL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo_Santos View Post
    That video was good. Funny that he had to post that it was a joke and guys are still commenting. LOL.
    He made a followup.

I confess... I had to order the tactical bottle opener for my Picante rail system. I know some guys that will get a real hoot out of that.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    He made a followup.

I confess... I had to order the tactical bottle opener for my Picante rail system. I know some guys that will get a real hoot out of that.

A+

Thread lock coming soon...