Downloads
    Uploads

2012 Seekins Precision

Seekins Precision was showing off their new production rifles at this year's SHOT show. I didn't take many photos of their booth at the show, but I'll use this thread to post photos of a few of the pre-production rifles.

I'll get you started with the SPX (Seekins Precision X Rifle): A factory SBR designed for use with a suppressor, the SPX has excellent components right out of the box. It features Seekins newly designed billet iMRT-R upper (more details on that later) with a melonited 8 inch Rock Creek barrel and AAC's 51 tooth Blackout flash hider all covered by the new Modular Combat Suppressor Rail. The upper also has a melonited M16 BCG and a BCM Gunfighter Mod 3. The Seekins Precision signature lower will have a Geissele SSA-E trigger and Magpul's ACS stock. It will be available chambered in 300 AAC Blackout or .223 Wylde.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I'm not sure if this is the proper place or not but I'm definitely interested in your opinions about the upper receivers with the integral rail mounts! I apparently now have one on order!!!
    Hatter

Took a little hiatus... good to be back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I sure love how that looks, but how would you access the pawl to remove the suppressor?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    I sure love how that looks, but how would you access the pawl to remove the suppressor?
    I should have taken some photos of the process when I had this in my possession...

...It's not difficult. You need to use something (I used a 10-8 tool) to depress it through the vent slots as you rotate it. It's not as quick a process as it would be if the can wasn't covered...but that's the pay off for having a rail extending out over a can of this nature.

I'm told that the standard set up will have a rail that stops short of the can. Having a longer rail (like this one) will be special order.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    So I'm not sure if this is the proper place or not but I'm definitely interested in your opinions about the upper receivers with the integral rail mounts! I apparently now have one on order!!!
    It's a rock solid set up with the screws going through the rail directly into the upper receiver. It's also very easy to instal a barrel with the titanium barrel nut and simple tools you probably already own.

I had this in my possession for a photo shoot, and did not get any practical range time with it. Once the production models start shipping, I plan on putting one through its paces on the range. I'll certainly update my findings once that occurs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by triplebravo View Post
    I should have taken some photos of the process when I had this in my possession...

...It's not difficult. You need to use something (I used a 10-8 tool) to depress it through the vent slots as you rotate it. It's not as quick a process as it would be if the can wasn't covered...but that's the pay off for having a rail extending out over a can of this nature.

I'm told that the standard set up will have a rail that stops short of the can. Having a longer rail (like this one) will be special order.
    Thanks for the info TB. I may give one of these a shot at some point. I really like how their rail is integrated into the upper. Looks like a very solid setup.