Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Movie "Act of Valor" at SHOT

The MSM crew was given a sneak peak to the movie "Act of Valor" at the SHOT. If there's one movie you must see this year, go see this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This movie looks outstanding! I cant wait to check it out. I cant remember another movie that was filmed like this using real deal American Bad Ass Warriors.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Feb 24, 2012 Friday, movie release date.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority on this, but this movie is the exact opposite of what it means to be a "quiet professional". From my understanding, the movie's stars are the SEALs originally serving as advisors for the film. These SEALs are using tactics, weaponry and equipment/technology they are currently outfitted with for missions. All of that bought off on by NSWC, and the government. What good comes from that? Current TTP's displayed on the "big screen" for the world to see, however in this case used on that "big screen" by one of the most clandestine forces we possess. It wasn't a huge surprise when Hollywood tried to capitalize on the capture/kill of OBL, but for them to get the full support of these men to actually star in this enterprise just strikes a nerve with me. I'd guess there were 0 active duty Rangers/SFOD-D/PJ's in Black Hawk Down, and they sold just fine.

I'm not naive enough to believe prior or even current military personnel don't consult for movies, or that you can't find military weaponry, equipment and tactics through a quick search of Google. To see them in use by the men who use them as an actual job, for the profit it will bring (whether their own or the studios), doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by Article on Capture of OBL
    Navy SEALs live by an unspoken code.

"Be a quiet professional," says Chris Heben, a former SEAL with 10 years of experience carrying out missions in Africa, the Middle East and Afghanistan.

"There is no room for braggarts in the SEALs," he said. "Talking hurts missions and gets people killed."
    Full article here.
    C. Smith

Downloads
    Uploads

“The worst thing about growing old is that other men stop seeing you as dangerous.”

the movie had decent reviews and folks are going to see the goodguys put the hurt on badguys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only movie I've ever seen where the audience clapped at the end. Was quite nice to see.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got back from watching it . I was a good movie , I was wasn't expecting much from the acting side but it was overall a good movie . I even got a little misty eyed in the end . People also clapped at the end & I was surprised as I live in ultra left wing San Francisco.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was a good movie. There was only one scene that i thought was overdone. Still a good movie.
    Heroes never die, they become Legends.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to hear the good reviews. I'm going out with my squad tonight to see it.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW, good to hear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definately worth watching. Some have said that the acting was not the best....but they were not actors, they were SEALs. I would like to see the best actors try to be the least trained SEAL! My hat is off to these finely trained American Warriors!
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7one View Post
    Definately worth watching. Some have said that the acting was not the best....but they were not actors, they were SEALs. I would like to see the best actors try to be the least trained SEAL! My hat is off to these finely trained American Warriors!
    I took the family to see it last night.

I'll agree that the acting was not the best, but it's true....these were not actors, these were SEALs. And I think because of this, it gave the movie more realism. The film to me, was more along the lines of a documentary. Hollywood actors could have been trained by SEALs to portray the parts. But watching the film, in the back of your mind you'd know they were just actors. These gentlemen were the real deal.

I recommend seeing the film. When it comes out on disc, it will be added to my collection.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didnt have a chance to see it last weekend but I will this weekend.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Went to see AoV tonight with the guys.

Really amazing movie, considering the background. No overacting, enjoyable story telling tempo, no "hollywood realism", serious weapon handling skills.

Two minor drawbacks for the nitpickers: disappearing kodiaks and obviously backup irons didn't make it into the budget - but this you'll even see sometimes downrange in real life.

One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    disappearing kodiaks
    Did you mean zodiaks?

Unless you meant kodiaks....and seeing a bear disappear would be a sight to see.