Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kel Tec KSG-12 Anyone??

Does anyone have any solid info as to the release of this weapon? I've emailed the company and got the run around. Tried going to local gun shows to see if any of the vendors had one, no luck, does this weapon even exist at this point?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have sent them an email as well to check on the availability date. Their response, due to the high number of inquiries, was a 2-3 day response time...and this being Friday, I would expect an answer hopefully by Wednesday. I will keep you updated if I can find out anymore.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the email that I received from KelTec this morning:

We got the first of the KSGs out before the holidays, but for the most part we’re going to start shipping them steadily now. We didn’t have a stash of them or make thousands in one day, so there’s a backorder on them and I’m sure the first ones going out are probably already claimed, but try to be patient and we’ll get them out just as fast as we can. Wait time will depend on your dealer, not on us; we’re shipping them every week.

Thanks,
    Ericka

Kel-Tec CNC
    Attn: Service
    P.O. Box 236009
    Cocoa FL, 32923

321-631-0068
    Mon-Fri 8-3p EST
    www.keltecweapons.com or Find us on Facebook under “KelTecWeapons”
    Hope that helps out some.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Between the RFB, PMR30, and KSG, KelTec has managed to become the undefeated champion of vaporware. As of now, I have seen two RFBs, one PMR30, and one KSG... I'm not holding my breath for any of these KelTec products to appear on store shelves with any regularity.

I also really like how they shift the blame onto dealers. I can't wait for the influx of customers this week "KelTec says that it's YOUR FAULT I don't have a KSG! They're shipping them! Why didn't you order my KSG?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ericka seems kind of crabby. Everyone has been waiting for a long time for this shotgun, the ads for them are in the magazines, so it should be available. I read a review in a recent issue of guns and weapons for law enforcement that was favorable, but like everyone else here, I have not actually seen one.
    Mossberg 930 SPX 12 gauge
    Sig Sauer M400 5.56
    Remington 700 AAC-SD .308

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you;
    Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your sins; the other for your freedom.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tcecil88 View Post
    Ericka seems kind of crabby. Everyone has been waiting for a long time for this shotgun, the ads for them are in the magazines, so it should be available. I read a review in a recent issue of guns and weapons for law enforcement that was favorable, but like everyone else here, I have not actually seen one.
    Saw one... Handled it briefly.

It's definitely a KelTec.

Downloads
    Uploads

wait, wait, then wait some more

It took me an entire year to get my RFB.. I ordered a KSG exactly 10 months ago so I will let you all know if it arrives after the 12 month mark. I'm not holding my breath haha.. My supplier said all kel-tec stuff is uber slow to receive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was sort of interested in one a while ago, but not anymore.

I've got a shell holder on my Remi that holds six, add another six in the tube and one in the chamber and I'm just shy of what the KSG can hold.

I also picked up two boxes of dummy rounds and after practicing reloads until my thumb hurts I'm getting pretty good at it so I just don't see the point of owning one of these.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got mine for a long 7 months. And its very worth the long wait.

Dressed it up with my Viridan ECR C5L, Magpul foregrip and Sparc red dot.
    Last edited by Stryker medic; 7 April 2012 at 10:34.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And sorry for the crappy iphone picture guys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As an actor once said: "I gotta get me one of these!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lamarbrog View Post
    Saw one... Handled it briefly.

It's definitely a KelTec.
    That bad huh??

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That bad huh??
    Nothing that was a glaring functional issue, but it's another Made-in-China-style piece of screwed together plastic with rough edges and the sprues sloppily removed. A $15 PMag should not exhibit more attention to detail than a $600 shotgun.

If KelTec had any sense, they would go from being a manufacturing company, to being a patent company. They do have some interesting ideas, but I don't consider their manufacturing quality or capacity to be of a sufficient level to bring any firearms to market that are really anything more than a hard to find, over-priced novelty item. Serious firearms need to meet a certain level of quality, and have replacements/replacement parts readily available.

I may sound a bit harsh, but I'm tired of two phone calls a day asking if we have a PMR30 in stock... are they even making the PMR30 anymore? KelTec needs to focusing on making one of their pieces of vaporware available before they take on multiple other projects.
    -lamarbrog

I sold my Browning High Power because it is a heavy, low-capacity, hammer-biting, magazine disconnecting, stiff manual safetied artifact with uncommon magazines, and it still holds the honored place of being my least favorite pistol I have ever owned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree. Completely.

Downloads
    Uploads

keltec ksg

Quote Originally Posted by lamarbrog View Post
    Nothing that was a glaring functional issue, but it's another Made-in-China-style piece of screwed together plastic with rough edges and the sprues sloppily removed. A $15 PMag should not exhibit more attention to detail than a $600 shotgun.

If KelTec had any sense, they would go from being a manufacturing company, to being a patent company. They do have some interesting ideas, but I don't consider their manufacturing quality or capacity to be of a sufficient level to bring any firearms to market that are really anything more than a hard to find, over-priced novelty item. Serious firearms need to meet a certain level of quality, and have replacements/replacement parts readily available.
    I may sound a bit harsh, but I'm tired of two phone calls a day asking if we have a PMR30 in stock... are they even making the PMR30 anymore? KelTec needs to focusing on making one of their pieces of vaporware available before they take on multiple other projects.
    Being China made is totally not bad at all. For all you know, those stuff that you are using right now has components made from china and dont you disagree that you are not enjoying it. From the smallest parts that we consumers use or have benefited, it has china made parts on it and thats a fact. Enough said, Ive had my KSG for a month now and nothing had failed me so far. I dont know where you got the "rough edges" plastic components that youve described but I dont think youve handled one.