Quote Originally Posted by Seanhagerty View Post
The Rocky S2V are the ost comfortable boots I have ever worn. Worn ever day for about the last two years and no apparent wear. They have started cutting boot laces on one boot, thats troubling. I may replace them because of just that.
My biases against "feels like a tennis shoe" and "flat front to back" are the only thing preventing me from getting the Rocky S2Vs. Aside from those design aspects... USA Made, Vibram soles, and a reasonable price are all very appealing. I may end up with a pair eventually, but right now I am too conventional to make that leap.

I decided against the 5.11 Taclites after taking a closer look at a coworker's pair. They are constructed like a tennis shoe on the sole.

I'm going to see if I can find some of the BLACKHAWK! Desert Ops to look at in person. They're imported, but aside from that fit the bill nicely if they're built like a boot.

These Danners are on their third lace on the left boot. Replacing laces with paracord sheathing has fixed the problem temporarily.