Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Need New Boots

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought a pair of uninsulated Chippewa Ultralights back in 1970 - I will be wearing them Sunday on a dove hunt. They are still in great shape. I don't wear them every day, but they are my "go to" boots for all fair weather hunting and range trips. I have no idea what their current quality is, but my pair just won't die ! I also have a pair of Danner Frontier 400 Gram boots for my cooler weather hunting. They have also been an excellent choice. I don't do December/January hunting any more - way too old - blood too thin.

Oh, and Welcome to WEVO Bree - glad to have you here.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

Last year I bought a pair of Sage Colored - Corcoran 10" inch Marauder Boots and their very lite weight and really keep my feet cool, comfortable & dry down here in hot, humid Florida.

The boots are well made and their holding-up well, and they run true-to-size. http://www.corcoranandmatterhorn.com...&CategoryID=28

BTW: To my eyes, the 1000 Denier Cordura Nylon section on my boots (and their laces) appear more Foliage Colored than Sage (if that matters) - but it might just be my aging eyes. Also, the chips coming off the mills & lathes don't imbed in the soles when I wear them to the trade school where I teach machining, and this is a big plus for me (or anyone else) that's around a lot of machining.
    "LONG LIVE THE FN-BROWNING-SAIVE HIGH POWER"

John Browning & Dieudonne Saive's Designs Will Always be Light Years Ahead of All the Others.

Fighting Anti-Gun Tyrants & Traitors is a 24/7 Job that Must be Done!

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning High Power, than shoot him dead with a plastic pistol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Resurrecting an old thread here... I need some new boots, but want some low cut ones for duty. Anyone know of some decent ones? Last pair were low cut Oakley's, they were okay, but nothing special. Lasted about 2 years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seriously look at some Original Swat boots.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check out Worx through Red Wing. I hate Red Wings but I get gov. issues through them and came across these several years ago and their the most comftorble I've used besides maybe a Timberland. They feel broke in off the shelf, light composit safety toe, side zip, high or low top, with or without Gortex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Check out Worx through Red Wing. I hate Red Wings but I get gov. issues through them and came across these several years ago and their the most comftorble I've used besides maybe a Timberland. They feel broke in off the shelf, light composit safety toe, side zip, high or low top, with or without Gortex.
    Checked them out, but didn't really see any styles with a polishable toe. They do look comfortable however.

I checked out the Original SWAT boots and am looking at the Chase Low or the Metro Air 5" Size Zip.

I'll look around a bit more and see what else is out there, I probably have another few months on the current boots.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Checked them out, but didn't really see any styles with a polishable toe. They do look comfortable however.

I checked out the Original SWAT boots and am looking at the Chase Low or the Metro Air 5" Size Zip.

I'll look around a bit more and see what else is out there, I probably have another few months on the current boots.
    Oh man I didn't even think about that, sorry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It feels like my Danner Pronghorns are permanently attached to my feet. Definitely would not want to road march in these, but their comfortable in the woods and most terrain in my area.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Resurrecting an old thread here... I need some new boots, but want some low cut ones for duty. Anyone know of some decent ones? Last pair were low cut Oakley's, they were okay, but nothing special. Lasted about 2 years.
    Is this for duty use where you need to meet uniform requirments? If so I use the Danner Acadia in 8" but they also have the Patrol in 6" Best thing about these boots is not only do they look great and can be polished/shined but they can be resoled as needed and will most likely last many years. My acadia's are going on 7 years now with 4 resoles.

Otherwise my favorite boot hands down is the Salomon Quest 4D GTX. I can't begin to say enough good things about them. Just my opinion, happy shopping!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Corcoran Jump Boots...for The Long Haul.

Carolina Boots, all the way.

I have been wearing Corcoran 10" side-zip jump boots for about 25 years, now. I usually buy two pair at a time, directly from the factory. I know the zips aren't supposed to be for paras, but you can don them in about six seconds flat. Very, very convenient. About $120 a pair direct from the manufacturer, and Made In USA. You know those USAns, they make some pretty good stuff! lol

Wearing them all the time, year-round, for great traction, and they will last 3 to 5 years (about 1,500 to 2,000 wearings, or 20-30,000 hours). Not water resistant, but do breathe as only real leather can. You could have them resoled, but I haven't. Long before there is unacceptable tread-depth, I wear holes in the uppers; right where the shift peg on a motorcycle would be engaged (inboard, lower instep). Drop a good pair of shock insoles in them, and you are comfortable all day long. Silent and highly spit-shineable, too.

Get the lug sole, and it is very close to non-marking, is oil resistant, and keeps you upright on ice. The close fit of the shank lends itself very well to an ankle holster for a compact pistol or sheath for a knife, without printing too badly. Much better than the synthetic boots for CQB, armoured vehicle crews, foot-to-hand combat, or stomping a mudhole in someone's ash. The cap toe is not as protective as a steel or composite safety toe, but is worlds better protection for the toes than the thin "engineered genuine leather" in other designs. Especially if you kick things...and I do. Hope that helps.

-Doc

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have a good look at Haix boots.

Haix is the european market leader in shoes for MIL, LE, EMT and FD users - and not without a good reason. The company is based in Germany and the quality of their products is extremely high. Their boots are comfortable (usually zero break-in required) but very tough, I've had my oldest pair of Haix boots in moderate-to-heavy use for 5 years already and they are still good to go. Before I used to wear out a pair of boots in 1-2 years. Someone actually wore Haix military boots (the model usually seen in AFG) for a marathon, and he claims he didn't get any blisters or black toenails.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haix deserves it. When the other boots mentioned are long gone, Haix boots are still going strong (I did check the date, just did not pay enough attention to the year...).

Downloads
    Uploads

Need New Boots

Hair didn't last very long at all for me.

Agree with the Solomon recommendations. I have been using the 4D GTX Forces. I am in pretty rough country all day and they've held up very well.

If you need to polish the boots I'd recommend the Rocky S2V. They are an excellent boot that'll take a lot of abuse as well, they are just a bit heavier than the Solomons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Hair didn't last very long at all for me.
    That happens to the best of us. Perhaps you could grow a beard? :)

My experience with Salomon was at first very positive, but the shoes lasted only about an year in my use (and they started to squeak, which is annoying). My other favorite shoe brands are Meindl and Lowa, but I haven't had any boots from Lowa so can't comment on them.

Which model from Haix you had and did you contact Haix for their warranty repairs? I've been so satisfied that I have now 6 pairs: 2 pairs of military boots (P6, P9), 1 pair of safety boots (X21), sneakers (Black eagle) and office shoes (C1). Black eagle is the least tough and even it is better than other sneakers. X21 feels indestructible, P6 is my favorite for general use from streets to medium terrain.
    Last edited by Titan74; 29 October 2015 at 06:43.