Downloads
    Uploads

Chris Costa Action Figure

I just ran across this while I *should* be working:

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...-has-11-beard/

Now ... am I too old to be playing with dolls? Hmmmm

Downloads
    Uploads
    I met up with Costa at SHOT 2012 and yes little Costa was there. The interesting thing was everyone wanted one, even the cost didn't dissuade the hardcore fan boys. From a business POV, this is very creative and from a store owner's prespective what a novel way of showing off cool guy gear and weapons. The "action figures" aren't cheap, here in San Francisco, there's a store which markets the "action figure", men don't play with "dolls", just "action figure".

http://www.artoftoy.com/soldierstory.html

All said and done, don't be surprised, remember GI Joe or Major Matt Mason? If you don't google it, besides, they're making action movies from "action figures" now. Go figure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There used to be quite a few websites where you could design your own action figure. The idea that I thought interesting was that guys could build figures that looked like themselves, and outfit them in the uniforms and equipment they wore at a certain point in their lives. I kicked around the idea of getting one made up with what I wore in the desert on certain ops/ patrols. While I never got around to doing it, I always thought it was an interesting idea.

I admit I would not buy an action figure for any other reason, but its always possible I'm too narrow minded.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now that is interesting - I could have an action figure of myself made and dress it up as nerdy as I am in real life. I could sit him at a little computer and put an AR-15 on the chair behind him. Now that would be an interesting coffee table piece :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is all in good fun, but I would never buy an action figure like that. I think it would make a great Christmas or Birthday present to have an action figure made of someone and give it to them as a present. But I'd never buy a Chris Costa or anyone else's action figure. I could only imagine my wife's reaction if I bought a Chris Costa action figure. LOL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you guys are real life action figures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tac40 View Post
    you guys are real life action figures.
    Haha that made me laugh. You are correct sir.

Downloads
    Uploads

The Bearded one, Costa. I took this picture last Sept.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I kicked around the idea of getting one made up with what I wore in the desert on certain ops/ patrols. While I never got around to doing it, I always thought it was an interesting idea.
    How ironic...I had thought about making a Stickman action figure as well!
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Costa doll, I mean action figure, is a bit stoic. He needs to loosen up. Then again he might be checking his six wondering when "Little Haley" is going to ambush him! This might be getting a bit creepy with a bunch of little Vickers,Fallas,Yeagers, Rogers, and Lamb dolls, I mean action figures running rampant on society. Hollywood material for sure!

Downloads
    Uploads
    But does it come with a kung-fu grip? *Waaa!*

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zero7one View Post
    How ironic...I had thought about making a Stickman action figure as well!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    The Costa doll, I mean action figure, is a bit stoic. He needs to loosen up. Then again he might be checking his six wondering when "Little Haley" is going to ambush him! This might be getting a bit creepy with a bunch of little Vickers,Fallas,Yeagers, Rogers, and Lamb dolls, I mean action figures running rampant on society. Hollywood material for sure!
    It will only get creepy when they continue with Magpul and come out with the Tactical Yeti.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - - Albert Einstein