Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone know how the govt. shutdown will affect NFA reviews? In other words, are my NFA items "on hold" until the retards get back?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't say for sure, but if I were a betting man I would think anything to help our community would be deliberately placed on hold or slow-down.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Considering I'm over 9 months on a stamp I Submitted in Jan, it wouldn't be surprising.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Considering I'm over 9 months on a stamp I Submitted in Jan, it wouldn't be surprising.
    Ugh just picked up an M&P 9 with the threaded barrel and seriously considering a can for it. Might as well do the paperwork now I guess
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The NFA branch was already suffering from overload, so I'm sure this isn't helping. As of ~month or two ago, they were down 3 examiners from their new allotment. 6 people apparently left but they hired 3 more. Like UWone, I submitted paperwork on Jan 2 and I'm still waiting.

I'm guessing they're having the same issues as everywhere else right now. Not gun-related, but on the .mil side, stuff is still getting processed (some stuff, but not everything), but now there's only 1 (or none) person doing the processing as opposed > 1 before. Everything is taking longer and therefore less efficiently. I have a couple of my guys stuck in limbo because they can't get paid until their paperwork is processed, but the processing is taking forever.

I'm getting the feeling this will last more than the few days I originally thought, unfortunately.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Ugh just picked up an M&P 9 with the threaded barrel and seriously considering a can for it. Might as well do the paperwork now I guess
    Send them in early and often.

After I get back these next 4, I think I'm done for awhile. The last one I sent it ... if I'm lucky may get approved next August. Ridiculous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im hoping washington will give SBR's a chance this year, its looking like a possibility that it might make it to a vote <--fingers crossed

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just called the ATF to ask about my paperwork. They have a recorded message stating that due to the shutdown they are "unable to answer routine calls at this time", but you can leave a message if you are a Federal Agent. Wonderful. Why do I pay taxes again?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Im hoping washington will give SBR's a chance this year, its looking like a possibility that it might make it to a vote <--fingers crossed
    Michigan has the SBR petition going around. We are all hoping we can get it to vote as well
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Today I called to check on my Form 4 application. They told me it was approved in March, and I could expect a 15 month wait beyond that. This is up from 12 months when I called last time.

I think this might be my last stamp. This process is absolutely retarded.

NFA Wait Times Explode (TTAB)

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Approved" or "Pending?" I'm thinking you meant Pending, as once it's approved, it just needs to get mailed out.

Out of curiosity, when did you mail it in? I don't have my serial number handy to call and check for my suppressor and I'm curious how long it took to go Pending for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You are correct, the current status is "Pending". I sent it in early February, so about a month for them to cash my check and get to "Pending".

Downloads
    Uploads
    15 months? Jesus.

At what point does this become a conspiracy to kill the NFA market?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Today I called to check on my Form 4 application. They told me it was approved in March, and I could expect a 15 month wait beyond that. This is up from 12 months when I called last time.

I think this might be my last stamp. This process is absolutely retarded.

NFA Wait Times Explode (TTAB)
    Mother of .... and that's a 2012 article you linked.

I was thinking about getting my first can, but 15 months?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    Mother of .... and that's a 2012 article you linked.

I was thinking about getting my first can, but 15 months?

Me too, but no funds and who knows how long/hard this process will be if/when they take away the trust option.