Downloads
    Uploads

Anybody Ever "Antiqued" An AR15?

I admit, I'm a retro-grouch kinda guy, and think those pics of M16's from the sandbox - the ones with a fair amount of the finish worn off of the high spots - just flat look sexy! I I'm also the guy that haunts the gun shows looking for those old Colt and Adventureline 20 rounders with the gold anodizing showing through. Gives 'em a kind of "been there, killed that" look.

Anyway, has anyone ever taken a shiney new AR and tried giving it that look? Maybe rubbed it down with a Scotchbrite abrasive pad, or something like that?

I 'm about to do an A2 retro build, and am thinking about trying something like that.

I know if I just carried it around the woods every day for a few years it would come by the look honest, but that's just not practical for me - it would take too much time, and at my age an ice cream cone comes with a lifetime guarantee.

Any tips?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly not at all trying to come across as a dick but to me, the best way to get some good looking wear on your rifle is to go out and use it. Take a few high round count classes. If you use it for what it's made for (shooting that is) then the wear should come with time. Who knows, there may be a few guys here willing to trade their worn rifle for your new pretty one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Checkout NODAKSPUD, They are big into retro AR stuff and have offered a "Battlefield pick-up" finish on some of their upper/lower combos.

Here is the webpage, you'll need to scroll down to almost the bottom

http://www.nodakspud.com/AR%20Lowers.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for that NoDak Spud link - I forgot about those guys! I have an old damaged upper receiver laying around at home, and I may put a polishing wheel on the Dremel and practice the technique.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is SO beyond gay. ARFesque poser foolishness gone awry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This is SO beyond gay. ARFesque poser foolishness gone awry.
    Man you leave a lot of negative comments. Battlefield worn looks pretty cool in a bunch of different weapons. It's something different.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread is getting off track and to the point of being out of line and not what the purpose of Weapon Evolution is all about. Thread is now locked.
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram